Keltec P11 vs Keltec PF9?

Guest TargetShooter84

Kel Tec PF9 or P11?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Kel Tec PF9 or P11?

• Kel Tec PF9
    • Kel Tec P11

Guest TargetShooter84

Is there really that much difference between those two 9mms besides the appearances?

I'm seeing the P11 is in $250-300 range which is great for me. Not really sure of price range for PF9?

My situation - I'm getting back to jogging and I know the time change is gonna be here before you know it and I'd like to have something light, also in 9mm (since most of my guns are in 9mm so I'd like to keep it in same family), small, maybe a shoulder holster under my jacket or long sleeve shirt? Or would that show up well?

Or is there something I can wear it concealed? I usually sport a tshirt and gym shorts...winter will be jacket and long gym pants.

Share your experiences....

P.S. I've created a poll for PF9 vs P11

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hoss6175

I don't have the PF9 but I do have the P11 and if I was going to be wearing this thing while jogging I think the PF9 would be better It's a single stack where the P11 is a double and weighs more.

But I have shot both and you can't go wrong with either one. Keltec makes a good dependable weapon.

I've had both and I would go for the PF9 in a heartbeat. The trigger is better it is smaller and lighter and capacity is equal. The PF9 is a refinement and overall better gun than the P11. Not that the P11 is a bad gun, it's just that the PF9 is the next generation.

For the use you described, I would definitely go PF9. It's thinner, and lighter. If you can find a shop that has both, you probably should hold both of them side by side.

If you go to Keltec's website you'll see the actual specs and the differences don't seem huge, but holding them in person the P11 seemed signficantly bigger and heavier to me.

Guest super99gm

I had both, but sold the P11 after getting a Glock 27. The PF9 has a much better trigger. No complaints on the P11 and you can get 12 round mags for them.

Guest 70below

I've had both side by side, the upper is almost identical, the grip is just a bit wider on the P11, not even significantly in my opinion. The P11 you also have the option of using S&W model 59 mags for extra capacity. Don't mess with the factory kel-tec/mecgar mags over 10rd capacity, seems more people have feeding issues with them than not.

Guest rockbottom12

got the whole kel-tec line. For jogging the 3at would be great except for the ammo. the pf9 is better, is more accurate. I hate the sights on my p11 it shoots low ( gun not owner) There isnt a good solution for that. the pf9 has better sights is more refined as well. apart from round count and durability the pf9 wins in most all areas.

Guest TargetShooter84

Wow, I'm really glad I asked about this as for comparisons because my dad has the P11 that he takes when he goes walking with my mother at nights and I've only picked it up once and it did seem a tad bit heavier. I've never picked up a PF9 though so I'll be on the lookout for it.

Any ideas on price range for PF9? Or is it about the same price as P11? $250-300 ish sound about right?

Wow, I'm really glad I asked about this as for comparisons because my dad has the P11 that he takes when he goes walking with my mother at nights and I've only picked it up once and it did seem a tad bit heavier. I've never picked up a PF9 though so I'll be on the lookout for it.

Any ideas on price range for PF9? Or is it about the same price as P11? $250-300 ish sound about right?

I got mine from a fellow TGO'er with the crimson trace grip and an IWB holster for $450 cash. Not sure what they'd be outside our little bubble here but then again, I like to try to do business with folks from this site first anyway. You never know what kind of deals will pop up!

Guest TargetShooter84

That's a pretty good deal right there....gmwilliams

There's a Gun show at the Expo center this weekend....can anybody tell me the good price range for PF9? So I know which is too high at the gun show if I decided to jump the gun for it.

That's a pretty good deal right there....gmwilliams

There's a Gun show at the Expo center this weekend....can anybody tell me the good price range for PF9? So I know which is too high at the gun show if I decided to jump the gun for it.

Last time I checked Gunbroker they seemed to be selling around $280 for a blued slide on the low end. You can expect to pay about $25 or $30 more for hard chromed version. Good luck.