Pics of House Pets

Guest Armgdnman

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems I'm not the only one who has a hard time finding a place to sit...

Here's 5 of our 7:

Dogs12-28-09.jpg

Bella makes 6... ( That's Lizzy again, on the back of the couch )

LizzyandBellaonthecouch.jpg

And Suzie, doing what she does best:

Suzie-S.jpg

Oh, and here's Annie and Lizzy, deciding who's going to sleep where:

AnotherArgument.jpg

( Lizzy's half Chow and half Shepherd... and all crazy. )

Edited by Jamie
That looks like an absolutely fun bunch, dude!

They can be... They can also be pure aggravation with 28 legs under it. :up:

One thing about it though... nobody's breaking into my house without bringing a lot of help, and a lot of ammo. :D

Seems I'm not the only one who has a hard time finding a place to sit...

Here's 5 of our 7:

Dogs12-28-09.jpg

Bella makes 6... ( That's Lizzy again, on the back of the couch )

LizzyandBellaonthecouch.jpg

And Suzie, doing what she does best:

Suzie-S.jpg

Oh, and here's Annie and Lizzy, deciding who's going to sleep where:

AnotherArgument.jpg

( Lizzy's half Chow and half Shepherd... and all crazy. )

Looks like a happy home

Glad to know we're not the only one with"sheet and blanket decor"

Hats off to you I thought 3 was a handful You gotta have a good heart I have to make trip "adventure" to vet this afternoon for shots & etc

How much does it cost to take care of an army like that?

Depends on what you mean by "cost".

We buy 70 pounds of dog food about every 2 weeks... Shots run about $30 apiece, once a year.

However, Maggie, the big black one, had to have stomach surgery not long after we got her. That was $1200.

Bella had a cyst com up under her chin that was another $300 - $400... And then there was the Copperhead that got 3 of 'em... that was another $600.

Oh, and lizzy pushed her luck with Annie once and needed several hundred dollars worth of work done to repair her neck. I don't remember exactly what that cost.

Here's what that looked like:

lizzysbooboos003.jpg

This happened when we first got Maggie. Near as we can figure, Lizzy went after Maggie, and Annie grabbed her to pull her off of Maggie. Well, Lizzy took it personal, and then went after Annie. Big mistake.

Like I said, Lizzy's crazy. Like a Chihuahua, she thinks she's far bigger than she is. And it tends to get her in trouble....

Oh, and I can assure everybody that if Annie had really meant to hurt her, we'd have been trying to figure out how to re-attach Lizzy's head, instead of just giving her a shave and a few stitches. :up:

Looks like a happy home

Glad to know we're not the only one with"sheet and blanket decor"

Hats off to you I thought 3 was a handful You gotta have a good heart I have to make trip "adventure" to vet this afternoon for shots & etc

Yeah, I don't think it makes any difference what our furniture looks like anymore, 'cause nobody's ever gonna see it anyway.

As for the vet visits, we quit taking 'em all at once after the 5th dog. Now we take 'em in pairs. Fortunately, the vet's office isn't very far, so we can usually get 'em all there in one day, if we need to.

DSCF3711.jpg[/img]DSCF3711.jpg[/img]DSCF3711.jpg

Jack Russell. On guard duty.

DSCF3999.jpg

Birthday boy.

DSCF4054.jpg

Going boating.

2009_0122christmas080022.jpg

African Grey. He talks and talks and talks. He tells us when he's ready for bed, when he wants out of his "house", when he wants a light turned on, goodbye or see ya later alligator when he knows you're leaving, he'll tell you he loves you, and he calls the dog and tells him to bring a toy and the dog will do it. He speaks in phrases appropriate for whatever is going on. And he doesn't cuss. Smarter than some people I know.

My 12 year old lab named Sandy....I've had her since she was 9 weeks old. Great dog, loyal, smart, and protective.....She loves to hike and I can barely keep up with her...lol About 30 minutes after this picture was taken a couple had a pit bull loose in a parking lot off the trail. Of course it came straight at Sandy and immediately attacked her. Usually I have my gun on my hip, but since it was February and 25 degrees outside I didn't expect to run into anyone. She was leashed at the time and still had her pack on. After repeated kicks to the head of the pitbull by me he finally backed off. She had blood all over her face and I thought for sure she was hurt. After wiping her off she didn't have a scratch on her...all the blood was from the pit. I couldn't believe a 12 year old lab with 15lbs of pack on her wooped the pit. Needless to say I gave the owner a nice earful...he's lucky the dog backed off as I had my pack on the ground about to pull out the Glock and take care of it.

bigsouthfork022810021.jpg

1 year old AKC Boxer named Balboa. This guy is a knucklehead for sure. Smart dog and as sweet as they come....he's just curious about everything and extremely athletic. Gotta watch him 24/7, but some of the stuff he does is so funny it's well worth it.

balboa.jpg

Edited by Kenstaroni
Love the coat.

He's really pretty with a lot of orange in his coat instead of just brown. Me and the Ms. had to beg the breeder to let us have him....lol He's a handful, but I've never regretted getting him at all. He's so entertaining it's well worth putting up with the little stuff he does wrong.

Jack, here's the rest of our pets. They may or may not be more to your liking. :)

Grumpy. He's a Bearded Dragon. 7 years old now and about 18 or so inches long.

Picture007.jpg

Merlin. Another Bearded Dragon. This is what he looked like a few months after we got him. He's now 4, and a little longer than Grumpy.

Picture014.jpg

Pogo. He's the Saharan Uromastyx that refuses to grow up. We've had him about 5 years, and he still looks like a juvenile, and hasn't grown more than a couple of inches.

Uro-top-1.jpg

Sandy. Another Uro, but a Mali this time. She's a couple of years old, at least, and a different species than Pogo. ( Pogo should be closer to her size than what he is, and should've changed colors by now. )

P9040100.jpg

All of 'em are primarily vegetarians, and surprisingly enough, have very different personalities. The also seem to be much smarter than you'd expect. They recognize who feeds 'em and act accordingly when they spot one of us and their food bowls are empty. It's usually running back and forth across the front of the tank, or bobbing their heads, depending on which lizard it is.

One of the BDs we lost a couple of years back used to like to come out and sit on my wife's lap and watch football. It was probably the colors and the movement she liked, but regardless, she'd sit there 'til the game was over, then try to head back to her tank. I always wondered is she though the ball was a cricket jumping back and forth across the screen. ( One of her favorite snacks. )

Anyway, other than the 14 year-old human female, that's the whole pack.

Do the last two's tails hurt to touch?

No, but they can draw blood if they swat you with 'em. Which they will do if you piss 'em off or scare 'em.

They aren't sharp like thorns... and you're much more apt to get stuck by the spines and spikes on the dragons than the Uro's tails.

Ever let them out to stretch their legs? Like in the bathtub.

Yeah, all but Pogo get out fairly often. ( He's too small, quick, and skittish. And he really doesn't like to be handled. )

Grumpy likes to get out and find Bella, the big white St. Bernard/Lab mix, and climb up in the middle of her and take a nap. Bella just lays there and wags her tail.

Merlin and Sandy are usually content to run the back of the couch, or explore the floor if the dogs are outside. Neither of them are particularly fond of the dogs.

Speaking of dogs, Annie, our Rotty/Shepherd mix, keeps trying to bring the skinks and fence lizards in from outside. We think she believes that they're supposed to be in a tank like the others.

Oh, and where the Bearded Dragons like to swim and do get to play in the bathtub now and then, the Uros have to be kept away from water. Apparently, due to them being strictly desert animals, they don't have sense enough not to drown.

There's some great pics of pets so far. Here's my bulldogs:

This is my American Bulldog, Lucille. She's named after B.B. King's guitar

SittinPretty-1.jpg

This is my Olde English Bulldog, Barkley. He's not real smart, but he makes up for it by being REAL lazy.

Barkley.jpg

This is what they do best:

Whattheydobest.jpg

Homeward Bound is Lucille's favorite movie:

Watchingherfavoritemovie.jpg

She hates the part when the bear stands up an growls at them while they are fishing:

Thebestpartofthemovie.jpg

Guest jackdm3

How long will it watch TV before losing interest? My parents' ginormous flatscreen grabs their cat's interest all the time when it's on animal shows.

She'll watch Animal Planet for 5 or 10 minutes at a whack. She goes absolutely crazy barking when she sees cows, deer, horses, etc. Lions, monkeys, and dogs (unless they bark) don't get her too wound up though.

She also loves to watch kids play on TV. She'll see kids on a playground and just wag her tail and whine.

Once she saw an antelope running from a cheetah on TV and ran up and bumped her nose on the screen. When she realized there was glass b/w her and the critter, she ran around the corner down the hall and into my son's room to bark at it. You should have seen her face when she finally realized the TV was NOT a window.

Edited by BigK
  • 1 month later...
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

I'm gonna dig this thread up from the dead. My girlfriends two Chihuahua's that are pretty quickly becoming mine also. Boots is a male and is black and white. Sable is female and is tan with some black on her back. They are brother and sister from two different litters. They have same mother, but different daddy's.

SableandBoots03.jpg

SableandBoots02.jpg

Boots04.jpg

Boots01.jpg

Sable01.jpg

Sable02.jpg