24/7 G2

Guest HHB

Guest FiddleDog

For some reason Taurus has never been able to live down the quality hiccups that they've had in the past, and the growing pains of the Millennium serious didn't help their. I had zero problems with the 2 that I had (my first 2 pistols), but hearing all the badmouthing made me insecure about the weapons (even though I hadn't experienced a single hiccup in the 1000+ rounds that I had run through both at the firing range. Of course you hear bad stuff about a lot of other manufacturers, but I think that the bad press, coupled with the low price point has led to shaky consumer confidence on them as a company.

Best ergs in the business, however.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again. I have owned quite a few Taurus pistols over the last 15 years or so. In fact, I own the 24/7 that Erik88 mentions, and except for cosmetic problems from the May Flood here in Nashville, it still functions. So I agree with Erik, Fiddledog, and tbone...There have been problems with Taurus, but so have there been with almost every other manufacturer. But I'm getting offtrack... the Doublestrike design is good, but I have to say...even as a Taurus fan...That sure is one Butt-ugly design!

Taurus copies everyone else, why not the XD? These are the same old junk on the inside w/a new exterior. I believe the expression is "lipstick on a pig". I bought one Taurus a while back to try them and it was the biggest POS ever!!! There are a dozen guns, for the same money, that are way better for me to buy into this stuff.

I have owned 4, never a problem. finding my way to 1000 rounds on the pt709.