Zombie flicks!!!!

Guest REDDOG79

Guest REDDOG79

What are some of your favorite zombie flicks???

I just watched Autumn off Redbox and it was OK as it was set in England and the zombies had a delay before craving brains.

Romero's movies are great Seen them all: Night, Dawn, Day, Land, Diary and Survival of the Dead

28 Days Later and 28 Weeks later were alright.

and I love the Resident Evil movies.

Probably some that I have seen but forgot to mention so what do you like?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this thread isn't 20 pages deep already. And I can't believe Shaun of the Dead isn't on the top of everyone's list!

what he said

Zombieland and just about anything from Romero too.

Romero rocks :rock:, Rob Zombie rocks :rock:, Shaun of the Dead - sucks :snore:, Zombieland - sucks :shake:, come on guys, we are talking REAL zombie movies . Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (both versions), all zombie movies that make you close your closet doors before going to bed :wall:!!! The newest is "The Walking Dead" on AMC, that ones well done. :ugh:

Guest Lester Weevils

I haven't seen all of them mentioned, but the original black'n'white Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead are my favs of what I've seen.

Romero rocks :rock:, Rob Zombie rocks :rock:, Shaun of the Dead - sucks :snore:, Zombieland - sucks :shake:, come on guys, we are talking REAL zombie movies . Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (both versions), all zombie movies that make you close your closet doors before going to bed :screwy:!!! The newest is "The Walking Dead" on AMC, that ones well done. :ugh:

I keep my closet door open, that's where ole faithful is.;)

Romero rocks :rock:, Rob Zombie rocks :rock:, Shaun of the Dead - sucks :snore:, Zombieland - sucks :shake:, come on guys, we are talking REAL zombie movies . Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (both versions), all zombie movies that make you close your closet doors before going to bed :screwy:!!! The newest is "The Walking Dead" on AMC, that ones well done. :ugh:

Blasphemy! Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead are just a different part of the genre.

Seen Quarantine from '08?

With Jennifer Carpenter, the gal who plays Dexter's sister?

Pretty chillingly claustrophobic flick, the handheld "live" video perspective very effective.

- OS

OS that one scared the living ba-gee-bers out of me, thats the one with the night vision camera? CHILLING!!! I fo sho kept the closet doors closed after that one.

Blasphemy! Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead are just a different part of the genre.

its a generational thing i guess, the original Dawn of the Dead was most likely made b4 your time therfore you cannot appreciated it. Shaun of the Dead was a spoof----bad casting, bad acting, bad everything. Zombieland - bad casting (a skinny, pimple face kid lacking self confidence especially around wimmin), bad acting, bad everything. Both movies get rated -5........

Zombieland

Dawn of the Dead (original) and Land of the Dead are about even in second though.

Resident Evil Apocalypse

28 Days/Weeks Later

Shaun of the Dead

I hated Diary of the Dead. I couldn't wait for that movie to end. Survival of the Dead was better, but could have benefited from a larger budget. Romero is by far my favorite of the Zombie Makers. The original and the best IMO.

Zombie movies don't scare me. Never have. I sleep like a baby after watching them. That was part of why I loved Zombieland so much, it took the fun of a zombie movie and did in tongue in cheek.

Seen Quarantine from '08?

With Jennifer Carpenter, the gal who plays Dexter's sister?

Pretty chillingly claustrophobic flick, the handheld "live" video perspective very effective.

- OS

If you liked that, then watch [REC]

which is the original Spanish version that Quarantine was based (literally frame-by-frame copy with subtitles & a hotter lead). The only reason to watch the original is to watch [REC]2 which is even better than the original(s). Just imagine Quarantine with commandos, demonic possession, and gun- toting children.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

If you liked that, then watch [REC]

which is the original Spanish version that Quarantine was based (literally frame-by-frame copy with subtitles & a hotter lead). The only reason to watch the original is to watch [REC]2 which is even better than the original(s). Just imagine Quarantine with commandos, demonic possession, and gun- toting children...

Been waiting for that to roll around on cable...

- OS

its a generational thing i guess, the original Dawn of the Dead was most likely made b4 your time therfore you cannot appreciated it. Shaun of the Dead was a spoof----bad casting, bad acting, bad everything. Zombieland - bad casting (a skinny, pimple face kid lacking self confidence especially around wimmin), bad acting, bad everything. Both movies get rated -5........

Umm I grew up on movies "before my time" so I can appreciate quite a bit thanks. I get that you don't like the comedy zombie movies, but I think comparing them to actual "horror" zombie films is just an unfair comparison. To each their own.

Umm I grew up on movies "before my time" so I can appreciate quite a bit thanks. I get that you don't like the comedy zombie movies, but I think comparing them to actual "horror" zombie films is just an unfair comparison. To each their own.

i thinks you are probably right. zombie movies should be "horror" not comical IMO, but as you state to each his own. nothing personal........