Ruger Mark ll Help

My dad has a Mark ll and he has mentioned several times that he wants to find some nicer grips for it.

I'm going to get him some for his birthday coming up and I need some help.

Does anyone know a good place to order them? If you could throw a few links at me it would be much appreciated.

I think he wants some nice wood grips but I don't know if anyone makes them.

Thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruger acually makes some nice ones. One thing you have to pay attention to is that many have a target thumb rest and is dependent on which hand you shoot with....Check to see if they are left or right handed. There are also many ambi wood grips on the market too.

Hint...If you fill out the questionnaire that comes with a new ruger they will send you a 20% off discount on one coupon item in their catalog.

If you can't find what you want on the ruger.com site...There is a guy on rugerforum.com named 41 magnum CLICK HERE that custom makes them for a reasonable price, but they can also be found on midwayusa and many other online sellers.

Hint...If you fill out the questionnaire that comes with a new ruger they will send you a 20% off discount on one coupon item in their catalog...

You can do it online at their site. Actually, you can register any Ruger that you never have before. You'll get a discount code immediately. Code is good for about 60 days, best I remember. I did the drill when I bought a holster there for Blackhawk.

- OS

I put some of these on my Mark III and really like them. I am not sure if he is wanting nicer as in nice looking wood grips or nicer as in nicer feeling rubber. I have shot some rugers with the thumb rest and some without. I opted for the ones without just because my gun is not really a dedicated target gun, and for plinking around, I personally think a thumb rest is kinda annoying.

Ruger MK II Wraparound Hogue Rubber Grips 82000 - eBay (item 140477353693 end time Nov-18-10 19:29:39 PST)

I put some of these on my Mark III and really like them. I am not sure if he is wanting nicer as in nice looking wood grips or nicer as in nicer feeling rubber. I have shot some rugers with the thumb rest and some without. I opted for the ones without just because my gun is not really a dedicated target gun, and for plinking around, I personally think a thumb rest is kinda annoying.

Ruger MK II Wraparound Hogue Rubber Grips 82000 - eBay (item 140477353693 end time Nov-18-10 19:29:39 PST)

Same here; I love 'em.

Guest KCSTEVE

Are the thumb rests for Ruger too low or is it just me.

Every gun trainer says to place your hand as high as you can high on the grip and that places my thumb above the thumb rest.

Try a site called volguartson (sp) they have all kinds of ruger mark neat stuff.

+1 Volquartsen has some great stuff. A little pricey though. I bought their trigger accurizer and some grips from them. The only downside to the grips, which isn't a big deal to me, is that I sometimes have to pull my mag from the gun instead of it dropping freely. Outside of the one issue, I love them.

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/935-laminated-wood-pistol-grips

This is my Mark III Hunter with Volquartsen grips.

img20101116200308.jpg

Edited by mav
Added picture
  • 2 weeks later...
My dad has a Mark ll and he has mentioned several times that he wants to find some nicer grips for it.

I'm going to get him some for his birthday coming up and I need some help.

Does anyone know a good place to order them? If you could throw a few links at me it would be much appreciated.

I think he wants some nice wood grips but I don't know if anyone makes them.

Thanks!

Go to Rimfirecentral.com Lots of good information.:lol:

Jeff