Glock?

titan14

Lots of first time handgun owners buy a Glock for personal protection based on its great reputation for working when you need it. Later, these buyers decide they want something prettier, thinner, and lighter.

Tom

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also when you get hard up you can sell them for about what you paid for it. No other gun holds value like that.

I totally agree. Glocks are money in the bank. I spend literally dozens of hours scouring these forums and nothing holds it's original value like the Glocks. Nothing sells as fast as a Glock. Top that of with the most dependable handgun on the planet and you have a win win pistol.

For a CCW, I prefer the Glock 23. However, some states have easier laws to abide by with an open carry (for me, that would be Nevada). In such states, I switch to a 1911. While I greatly prefer the 1911, the Glock simply has more applicability when I need to conceal. Great guns though.

I pretty much think every guy on here should have a G17. IMHO it's every bit as much of a "classic" as any 1911 or Hi-Power, etc. Whether it'll be used for SD, HD, Competition, CCW, range toy, or duty, if you can have only one, it's the one to have. Some are as good, none are better.

I pretty much think every guy on here should have a G17. IMHO it's every bit as much of a "classic" as any 1911 or Hi-Power, etc. Whether it'll be used for SD, HD, Competition, CCW, range toy, or duty, if you can have only one, it's the one to have. Some are as good, none are better.

I started with the G23 for my first Glock because of the reasons you listed. When I could afford the 35 I sold the 23 for a subcompact 26. Now my only 9mm glock is the competition 34. The 22 is the bedside gun and 27 is the CCW. Still can't part with the 35 though.

I pretty much think every guy on here should have a G19. IMHO it's every bit as much of a "classic" as any 1911 or Hi-Power, etc. Whether it'll be used for SD, HD, Competition, CCW, range toy, or duty, if you can have only one, it's the one to have. Some are as good, none are better.

There, I fixed it for you. Seriously, I have a 17 too, but it never gets carried. I have a 19, 17, 22, and 26. Lately the 19 is the one I carry the most.

I know several people a lot shorter than me that EDC a 17. There's a half inch difference each way between 'em.

Here's how cool Glocks are: I was given a used Glock 30 as a bonus. I carried it for a couple years, and then was approached by a friend of mine who wanted a 30 for his collection. He gave me an almost new Glock 19 with night sights for it, which I proceeded to shoot 2500 rounds through. I was approached by a friend who traded a .300 Whisper for an MnP LE gun (three magazines), who made that swap knowing I was interested in an MnP. I swapped that used 19 for the brand new MnP...and then proceeded to buy a near new 19 and 17 that belonged to our former parent company who'd purchased them for contract work. I got those for $250 each. Hook ups are a handy thing.

I have a glock 19 and 27. I used to have a cz 75b, sig 226,bersa 380, springfield 1911 45 and xd 40. Because of a divorce i sold all of them and kept my glocks and couple 22 handguns. I couldnt get used to so many triggers. Once i started shooting glock only i got better with them. Glocks are ball bat reliable . Although i dont enjoy shooting my 27 as much because of arthritis. My 19 is a great shooter i would recommend a glock 19 to anyone and glad i kept mine. AL

I replaced my 27 with a 19 because it had excessive recoil with defense rounds. I'd rather hit with a 9mm than miss with a .40

Guest The Highlander

I don't sell or trade guns, and I LOVE my Glocks. But if I needed to sell or trade something either to raise cash, or for another gotta have it gun, a Glock would be much easier to replace than say, a Python or older S&W. In that case, it would make perfect sense to let go of a G20. Heck, I could even sell it, then repurchase a G20 SF and have a little easier to handle pistol....hmmm.

Anyrate, by letting the Glock go, I know I can replace it easily, and since they are all pretty much the same in accuracy, reliability, etc. I wouldn't have any heartburn about letting go of a "special" Glock.

The Highlander

I don't sell or trade guns, and I LOVE my Glocks. But if I needed to sell or trade something either to raise cash, or for another gotta have it gun, a Glock would be much easier to replace than say, a Python or older S&W. In that case, it would make perfect sense to let go of a G20. Heck, I could even sell it, then repurchase a G20 SF and have a little easier to handle pistol....hmmm.

Anyrate, by letting the Glock go, I know I can replace it easily, and since they are all pretty much the same in accuracy, reliability, etc. I wouldn't have any heartburn about letting go of a "special" Glock.

The Highlander

I only have one - my G19 - and the only reason I would think of selling would be to buy the next Generation G19. Sure do like it though and if I did not have a moritorium on spending would be buying some others (Glock and other makes).

I only have one - my G19 - and the only reason I would think of selling would be to buy the next Generation G19. Sure do like it though and if I did not have a moritorium on spending would be buying some others (Glock and other makes).

Everything I've found and looked at says the main difference between Gen 3 and Gen 4 19's is a rougher texture and interchangeable backstraps. Not sure if that is upgrade worthy.