Finally bought my first rifle

mav

Hey everyone. I appreciate everyone's comments on my earlier thread asking for suggestions on a rifle purchase. I narrowed it down to two choices, a FNH Scar or LWRC M6A2 D-Dea. I have always liked the Scar, but the LWRC won out due because I believed that if something broke it would be easier to find a replacement. That may be faulty reasoning, but that was the issue that pushed me to get the LWRC.

I ordered the rifle a couple of weeks ago and picked it up today. It is very nice. I hope I made a good choice on this rifle. Anyway, here are some pics of my new LRC M6a2 d-dea rifle.

img20101116200554.jpg

I like the flag on the rifle. Just gives it a little something extra. There is one on the top too.

img20101116200607.jpg

img20101116200625.jpg

This is the case that came with the rifle. Seems to be very nice.

img20101116200822.jpg

Once again, I appreciate everyone's help and comments. Now I have to go learn to shoot the thing. Any recommendations on any non-Wolf practice ammo?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I went to the range today to shoot my new rifle. I bought 5 boxes of some PMC ammo from the dealer and mosyed on out to the range. I didn't put the target out very far (about 12 yards) so I could get a feel of how it shoots and what the recoil is like. I had no idea what to expect since I have never shot a rifle outside of an old Marlin .22 about 20 plus years ago.

The trigger pulls is heavier than what I am used to, but it didn't have any creep to it. I was surprised at the recoil. It was pretty much nonexsistent. As far as accuracy goes, the rifle is more accurate than I am at this point. I was shooting about 2 - 2.5 inch groups, which is pretty crappy for an ar at 12 yards. As of right now, I am more accurate with my handguns than my rifle. I know that will change the more I shoot it.

One thing I did notice was my support shoulder was getting very tired rather quickly. Sort of made me feel like a pansy considering I am in fairly good shape. I workout with heavy weights 5 days a week. It could be the way I am holding it, how much pressure I am applying, or from just doing something new.

I look foward to shooting it more. It looks like this is going to be a fun gun to shoot.

Well, I went to the range today to shoot my new rifle. I bought 5 boxes of some PMC ammo from the dealer and mosyed on out to the range. I didn't put the target out very far (about 12 yards) so I could get a feel of how it shoots and what the recoil is like. I had no idea what to expect since I have never shot a rifle outside of an old Marlin .22 about 20 plus years ago.

The trigger pulls is heavier than what I am used to, but it didn't have any creep to it. I was surprised at the recoil. It was pretty much nonexsistent. As far as accuracy goes, the rifle is more accurate than I am at this point. I was shooting about 2 - 2.5 inch groups, which is pretty crappy for an ar at 12 yards. As of right now, I am more accurate with my handguns than my rifle. I know that will change the more I shoot it.

One thing I did notice was my support shoulder was getting very tired rather quickly. Sort of made me feel like a pansy considering I am in fairly good shape. I workout with heavy weights 5 days a week. It could be the way I am holding it, how much pressure I am applying, or from just doing something new.

I look foward to shooting it more. It looks like this is going to be a fun gun to shoot.

Don't you just love it? At some point you need a .22 bolt adapter so you can shoot cheap. way too much fun.