All I want...

Mr. Brooks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks like I will spend the next few weeks rappelling out of helicopters instead of jumping out of airplanes, is that better? Haha

If you like being a human piñata it is....

Yeah that's the original "enhanced pat down" isn't it!!

I always gave those special folks in my life an extra tug on the D-bag to make sure it was good and secure! I almost pulled a "special" major in the 319th off his feet checking his rig. Yep....all adjusted now, your good to go sir!

Yeah that's the original "enhanced pat down" isn't it!!

Yeah it is!

I always gave those special folks in my life an extra tug on the D-bag to make sure it was good and secure! I almost pulled a "special" major in the 319th off his feet checking his rig. Yep....all adjusted now, your good to go sir!

Classic!

I have only been 3 times. Rained me out a few years ago when i was trying o get started. My wife thought it was a sign to stop for awhile. I have a jump zone just 3 miles from the house here in Tullahoma. Gonna try again one of these days . Nothing like it thats for sure!!

I have already done some rappelling, it's fun but doesn't give me the rush of jumping.

Fast roping will at least get you close. There's quite a rush reaching out into space hoping you get a good grab on that rope. If you don't, you better do the best PLF of your life.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I finally got to jump today. I loved it but it was COLD!

Look at the bright side... if you'd bruised yourself up with a bad landing, you wouldn't have needed any ice to put on the injuries. :)

I'd congratulate you on finally getting to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft, but that just sounds wrong, somehow... :)

Guest Letereat!

I finally did the skydive thing last summer. Have a couple of friends who are brothers that got all ate up with it. I was all fired up, dug the people and thought I was gonna love it and wana go every weekend.

Couldn't rid myself of the paralizing fear of leaping from this tiny ass 170 once we started the climb to altitude. No way I was gonna back out though. Did the tandem thing from round 10k ft. It was like the breathtaking shock of Jumping into a 45 degree creek until the chute opened.

Never Never Never again, and I like high places and cliff edges and the like. Nope. Did not enjoy it one bit!

You couldn't THROW me out of an airplane... I'd look like a second coat of paint on whatever surface was the farthest from the door.

I've got no problem with flying but I AM NOT getting out 'til the bird is back on the ground, one way or the other.

You couldn't THROW me out of an airplane... I'd look like a second coat of paint on whatever surface was the farthest from the door.

I've got no problem with flying but I AM NOT getting out 'til the bird is back on the ground, one way or the other.

Why? What's the worst that could happen? ;)

Why? What's the worst that could happen? ;)

That there'd be two "splat"s... One when I hit, and another when that stream of ;) that I'd left behind me finally caught up. ;)

I don't mind heights so much, but I hate falling.