Kennedy... BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Guest Steelharp

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MICK - Derogatory word for Irish people.

The origin of the word is disputed. Some beliefs are that "mick" comes from the common "Mc" in many Irish names. McSorley, McNeil, McFlannagan, ect.

Others believe its related to the sound of a drunken hiccup. I was the captain *mick* of a ship *mick* for 3 years!!

Also, Mick is the word that "spick" came from.

Irish and Hispanics are both dominantly catholic. In the 1900's when Irish immigrants had pretty much been well established, but still hated by many Americans, was also the time when many Hispanic immigrants made their entry into America. They ended up sharing our churches, schools and neighborhoods due to the catholic faith and moral values we had in common. When early retard americans saw this, they bagan calling hispanics "spicks" (Like a spanish Mick).

edited

Guest Steelharp

Sorry, Mike and Tower. I don't regularly use that terminology, but I grew up in a time when we still had a sense of humor and could laugh at ourselves without being hypersensitive about trivial matters. I had an uncle that was Archie Bunker made over. I only used it for the humor aspect, not to offend.

I'm a wop, btw. Or dago... whatever... it doesn't bother me. And yes, if Obama wins, I will be practicing my best "authentic western gibberish" with, "No, durn burn it, I said the President's a N-----!" :)

(Blazing Saddles, for those that don't know.)

Guest bulletproof

Both sides of my family are almost all irish but I take no offense. My description of Kennedy is much worse than that.

I would rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than to go riding in a car with Kennedy.

Guest TargetShooter84
Caroline says Obama reminds her of her father??? Is there a DNA check needed? Maybe Jack wasn't the only runaround in the family...

Contact the Maury show and they'll provide a free DNA testing in exchange for humiliation on tv! :cheers:

Caroline says Obama reminds her of her father??? Is there a DNA check needed? Maybe Jack wasn't the only runaround in the family...

Was Caroline's statement a general one, or did she go into specifics? I can see only one comparison. Both are/were senators. And I am not really sure what Obama has accomplished while in the Senate. How much time is the guy even spending there?

I would guess all the Kennedy's were running around a little back in the day. Presently a mental picture of Teddy in his b-day suit is fairly unsettling, lol.

Guest triggertime
Presently a mental picture of Teddy in his b-day suit is fairly unsettling, lol.

Yeah, nobody wants to see that. We'd have to call the paddywagon....

:rolleyes:

Guest Steelharp

You know, I'm not just going to let my last reply sit there like that. I'm going to tell a story of a bunch of us that happened, just to prove a point, then I'm leaving this alone.

I did a showcase (musical performance) with an artist, all of the musicians being hired guns to back this guy. We showed up at the rehearsal, and the drummer was a tad late. All of us were setting up, talking, doing our thing, and the drummer walked in. He was black, and none of us cared one way or the other. However, the silence when he came in and we all looked at the doorway and saw him just standing there with his cymbal bag in one hand and his snare in the other... he just bugged his eyes, looked at all of us, and said, "Where all da white women at?" We all just fell out laughing, him included.

Something is only racist if you choose to make it that way. So cut the sanctimonious crap.