Carry in National Cemetery on Holtzclaw Ave?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Attended a burial at The National Cemetery on Holtzclaw Ave yesterday and saw the gunbuster sign posted at the entrance. Does the law around carrying on federal land apply or is the sign mean another "Gun Free Zone"?

Who knows. Either/both. Does it matter?

I visit Dad's grave there at least once a year, but don't necessarily read every sign everywhere and seldom open carry.

- OS

Guest Marine03

What no one sees no one knows about. All the guys in blue are Vets anyways. Actually call your congressman if you don't like the signs, the office had nothing to do with them. They were required by Washington DC for some reason.

Edited by Marine03

This one makes no sense. I understand not being able to carry in court, since you might take offense at the decision and blow up the jury, but at the cemetary, the fellow is already dead. What are you going to do, shoot him again? I cannnot find any reason to make a cemetary a crime welcome zone -- they are huge, outdoors, unstaffed by any sort of armed security to protect visitors, and even worse, in this case, practically in the middle of the ghetto. Half the shooting in chattanooga are within 5 miles of the national cemetary. I do not know of any inside it, but I see no reason a smart thug could not go in there to assault the visitors, knowing they are unarmed would be a plus in that area, anywhere else nearby anyone with any sense would have an uzi or a street sweeper shotgun.

..., and even worse, in this case, practically in the middle of the ghetto....

Mom says that a woman did get ripped off in there not long ago.

I'll be visiting Dad's grave with her there during Christmas, but I don't expect to be searched.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot