Went through the hcp class

Went to On Target last night to go through the HCP class with one of my friends. It was a little bit boring, very informative though about the legal ramifications of carrying and using your gun.

:D:up: for On Target.

Now off to the DMV to get my application in!!! :(

-Mike

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GlocKingTN
Went to On Target last night to go through the HCP class with one of my friends. It was a little bit boring, very informative though about the legal ramifications of carrying and using your gun.

:(:up: for On Target.

Now off to the DMV to get my application in!!! :D

-Mike

Congrats on the easy part...:(

Now the hard part...the waiting.....:D

But after those 2 things.....your legal....:up: :up:

I myself also enjoyed the class part(most of it anyway). They let you in on alot of nice legal info. Even some you dont like hearing. But all in all, it was good info to have if your gonna carry a weapon!

Will do! Would that info be on Lexis Nexis?

I went and turned my permit application in today. I tried calling the Handgun Permit office on Foster Ave., but they close at 4:30pm. Since I got printed in the HGPO when I worked for THP. I'm going to see if I can get my prints transfered. Hopefully I won't have to go down there again and this time pay to get printed...

-Mike

Guest GlocKingTN
Will do! Would that info be on Lexis Nexis?

Since I got printed in the HGPO when I worked for THP.

-Mike

You worked for the TN Highway Patrol? As a Trooper? If so, you wouldn't need the class would you?

Guest Rooster
The wife is at the TDoS office right now trying to wade through the sea of illegals getting driver's licenses to get her permit papers processed. :shrug:

I went to the DMV in Columbia to do my paperwork and it was the middle of the day and it was a ghost town. I was in and out in about 20 mins. A friend of mine who lives in Nashville even came down to Cloumbia to do his paperwork as well, just for the short wait time.

Guest GlocKingTN

I have seen some people at the Jackson DMV wait ALL day to get their license or whatever. The day I went and had my address changed on my license to buy a gun, it was at that time a ghost town. Took all of 10 minutes!

Memphis is brutal as well. There is a new station on Union Extended that just opened at the beginning of the year, most people don't know about it yet, so it is not to busy, I was in and out in about 30 minutes.

Memphis is brutal as well. There is a new station on Union Extended that just opened at the beginning of the year, most people don't know about it yet, so it is not to busy, I was in and out in about 30 minutes.

Rather than waiting in line here, I drove to Jackson to get my paperwork done. I think including the drive time I was done in about 2.5 hours. Probably less than that. Had I gone some where around here, I would still be in line. Where is this place on Union Extended?

Guest GlocKingTN
Rather than waiting in line here, I drove to Jackson to get my paperwork done. I think including the drive time I was done in about 2.5 hours. Probably less than that. Had I gone some where around here, I would still be in line. Where is this place on Union Extended?

Your probly right saints. I have heard that the ones in Memphis are the worst ever.

Hey, Summer Ave isn't that bad :shrug:

It is off Poplar between East Parkway and Walnut Grove/Poplar Overpass, fly under thing. If you are going west on poplar, you will cross over walnut grove and it is on the left (Union Ext) the building is a high rise black glass building, it is around the back side. There are signs. Lippscomb and Pitts Insurance high rise is back there and a funeral home.

• 3 weeks later...

Things have really changed for the better on the TCP thing.

When I took my class, it could take several weeks just to get in and do the fingerprinting using ink at the Highway Patrol office. Then it would take another couple of months to actually get the permit.

Guest GlocKingTN
Called the office, My permit was issued today and will be in hand in about 7 days according to the HCP office.

:D

Thats probably gonna mean you will have it in 9-10 days. Every one I have talked to, got theirs in 9-10 days from issuance! Who knows, you may be the exception....:up: