11 & 12 December - Franklin TN Gun Show @ Williamson County Ag Expo

We will be at the show mainly selling the books but I will have odds and ends from the gun show days. Magpul mags, leftover Lee Reloading parts, uniforms, ammo cans, etc.

Per My Wife:

I wanted to spread the word about a huge book sale that will be happening this weekend at the gun show in Franklin. I am helping a colleague sort through her late husband’s massive stash of hardback non-fiction books as well as some fiction. We have already disseminated many of the paperback books (a few thousand). Mike was a Marine for many years and then retired from the Army after 25 years of service. He was a voracious reader and all of his books are related to the following subjects:

Civil War

World War II

Korean War

Vietnam (he served in Vietnam so there is a significant portion of books about Vietnam),

OEF/OIF

Guns, Snipers, Stalking,

Swords, Samurais, Martial Arts

Middle East and World History

Living off the land, gardening, canning, etc.

There are many other smaller categories of books.

Many of these books are out of print but many of them are also currently in bookstores. Overall, these books are in good to very good condition. I would estimate there are a few thousand hardback books We will ONLY be at this month’s gun show and all remainders will be given back to Mike’s wife for donation to a local veteran's group.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coldblackwind
So, whats the word on the gun show..

I started to go, made it as far as the table to pay to go in. There was about 10 cars in the parking lot 5 minutes after the doors opened on saturday, and the show was half the size it usually is (downstairs only, upstairs was empty, and what I could see from the balcony, there didn't seem to be many guns down there). I ended up walking out before I spent my money, being as it was RK, and they get $10 entry, I didn't see $10 worth of show there, went to sparta today instead.

I heard that one time theyy had both the main floor as well as the are upstairs completely full. Thats a main reason i went. I was VERY disappointed! The vendors in attendance were fine, just not enough of them. Not a whole lotta guns either. The last RK show I went to was in Smyrna and it wasnt too bad. I may not attend any more of theirs.

Guest rockytop

The last time I went to Franklin, it was totally pathetic. I'm not wasting my time or money to drive there from West Tn. again. RK has been having a better show at M'boro.

Guest Pvt.Joker

I was a vendor at the Franklin show. It WAS pretty slow there, both due to the other two shows going on in the state (I heard one in Sparta and another in I think Knoxville) that kind of spread the vendors thin, AND even more so due to the weather. Personally, I think that RK's folks should have pulled the plug on the show when the weather went to hades in the proverbail handbasket. By the time we got out of there and I finally crawled my way home to west TN, it was REALLY dangerous just to be out there. Hopefully no one got hurt on the way home. In all, it wasn't a bad show sales-wise, but certainly not a great one either. And I can certainly see from the attendee's point of view where $10 for the door for the number of folks there might have seemed a bit excessive. But on the other hand, sometimes as a buyer, you can find dealers willing to cut better deals than usual on what they have, IF that's what you are looking for. After all, if you think $10 seems expensive, try paying for the tables and having no one show.