Acog or Aimpoint?

Alright I currently have an eotech on my ar an love it. Only problem is I have astigmatism and with my glasses off i can not you use it. Just becomes one big massive red star!!! I checked out a acog and aimpoint at a dealer and both seemed usable to me without my glasses on.

So what is yalls opinion, Acog or Aimpoint and why?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IceBreakerG

If you have the money, either one would be great. I'd really like an acog, but the one thing I don't like about it is not being able to adjust the magnification on it. I'd prefer an EO Tech over the aimpoint though (I just think they look better). I currently have a primary arms M4 style red dot with a 5x magnifier. I'm extremely near sighted too. I just tried looking through my M4 red dot (using the red dot reticle), and I see a big red star too lol. So depending on how bad your eyes are, you may have the same end result (even if slightly better) regardless of whatever optic you choose.

Guest drv2fst

I have a Leupold CQT on one AR. It is adjustable from 1-3x. It has an adjustment for focus or eye relief I can't remember at the moment. It would probably work better for that situation. Personally, I like the ACOG's.

Guest malbolja

I've owned both. If you don't need the magnification there's not reason to spend the extra $ on the ACOG (except for the cool factor - and they are cool).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest buttonhook
Alright I currently have an eotech on my ar an love it. Only problem is I have astigmatism and with my glasses off i can not you use it. Just becomes one big massive red star!!! I checked out a acog and aimpoint at a dealer and both seemed usable to me without my glasses on.

Save the money you would spend on new optics and get lasik eye surgury...I was 20/400 before the surgury now I'm 20/15. if your results are like mine you current optics or any other will be perfectly fine. Plus you will not need the glasses/contacts anymore so it will never be any issue when you need to use the optics.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Eotech and had an Acog. I sold the Acog because it was high on the cool factor, but it's just a 4x scope. I can buy a less cool looking 4x optic for much less. I also think zero magnification is more handy if you just have one optic. Now that I have a second AR I'm looking at 4x options.

What is the end use of the rifle?

Mike

Guest bnutriaz

I have used both in live tactical situations. I would go ACOG if you got the cash, and with an ACOG in close quarters shift to the center chest shooting method. Aimpoints are good as well in close quarters but you can achieve distance shooting capability by turning the dot brightness down. The brighter the dot the more it "plumes" and the less distance you can accuratelly shoot.

My .02

Coop in Nashvegas