hunting 308 finally together pics

fastbs

got the latest toy together finally. goal was an easy to carry, all around hunting rifle.

remington 700 .308 sps

factory barrel cut to 20" and crowned

bell & carlson medalist stock w/ flush cups on left side

egw hd 20 moa scope base

burris zee low rings

nikon monarch 3-13x42

tried to but just couldn't resist a paint job. the paint isn't for everybody but i like it and enjoy doing it.

IMG_20101203_160756.jpg

IMG_20101203_155134.jpg

DSCN2546.jpg

DSCN2551.jpg

DSCN2544-1.jpg

DSCN2561.jpg

like 5 shot groups but this is all i have. did this getting it zeroed in.

IMG_20101124_153819.jpg

Just got done putting something new on it. had to trim the scope cap up a little but this knob idea is pretty cool. instead of cutting and drilling to get a better than factory knob this thing just clamps on. I'll paint the knobs and touch up the scope cap sometime.

DSCN2584.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the comments. next one i paint i'm gonna try to put together a "how to" with pics, it's fun and fairly easy.

Cool rifle very nice set up. The only question i have is what is the point of having two scopes rings up front?

short answer: there's really not one.

i'm surprised no one else has brought up the 3 rings. saw somewhere a pistol that had 3 rings on it and liked the look, now if i use these rings on anything bigger than a rim fire i put 3 on it.

Yes 2 would hold just fine.

Edited by fastbs
left out a word