Kel Tech p-11

Guest mgaray9273

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a p-40, same thing apart from caliber. If I could pull the trigger on it, it would be my favorite carry piece. As it is, though, my old hands do not have the power to fire the gun rapidly enough for defense. Its all I can do to work through one clip of ammo with it, and that at a slowish rate of fire.

Mine is like-new, stored now since the p-40 is no longer made.

Guest Broomhead

I have a P-11 that is almost 10yrs old. I traded my KT P-32 to my wife's boss for it. He said he got it just after getting his carry permit, which he has had to renew twice, hence almost 10yrs old. It is still in great shape. Needs a new rear sight from being carried in his back pocket without a holster, also why the bluing on all the edges has worn off. Other than that he took pretty good care of it.

Once it warms up I'm having a friend of mine Duracoat the slide matte black. I think it will look nice with the black frame.

BTW, I would die to have a P-40. If anyone wants to trade, with some cash thrown in on my part, PM or email me.

I have one and its just too close to the size of a baby glock to be worth carrying. Its the only 9mm i own anymore.

I agree. The PF9 is a great option though, I have one and love mine. I carry that or my G26 daily. I just couldn't get into the P11's plus I was worried about them being drop safe.

Guest Hillbilly Dan

I had one and loved it. Then the dummy traded it. I do plan to get another. As you say, a very good carry gun. Nice and small, but it will do the job

when asked. Enjoy, and do not do something you will regret, then end up spending more to get back what you had.

Hillbilly Dan

I've had one for quite some time. Have carried it a lot and really like the gun. I've about switched to a mouse gun now, still a Kel-tec, P-32 just because it's so easy.

On the P-11 I use the belt clip accy. which holds well and limits the bulk of a holster. I also have a rubber wrap around on it which tames the recoil a bit.

Every once in a while you can find a .40 cal. conversion kit for sale over on ktog.org. They discontinued the .40 cal. due to malfunctions usually caused by limp wristing.

Guest hoss6175

I have a P-11 gray and crome and I love this gun had it about 3 years and have put 1000's of rounds through it with only one misfeed. I keep it clean,oiled and loaded. I trust this gun with my life.

I bought a used P11 shortly after I got my carry permit. It took a little 'getting used to' but as most of my handgun experience to that point was with revolvers, the DAO trigger wasn't that unusual, to me. I finally got to the point that I could keep all shots inside an 8 inch target from ten yards. Then it started having troubles and I ended up getting a brand new one to replace it.

I never liked the new one. Even though I had gotten pretty good with my former P11, I couldn't hit for crap with the new one. Even holding above the target, I would hit low. Honestly, shooting side-by-side for comparison, from seven yards, I found that I was more accurate with my NAA WMR mini than with the new P11 (and this was before I replaced the birds head grips on the NAA with oversized ones.) I ended up trading it for a second Ruger P95 (my first one was a gift - kind of a wedding gift from my grandfather in law - so I don't really want to carry it.) I had found that, with my build, etc. I could conceal a P95 in a belt slide holster as easily as a P11 in the FOBUS that I used for it. I feel much better carrying the P95.

I still like Kel Tec products, though. I have a P3AT (rebuilt by the factory from a first gen into a brand new second gen free of charge under warranty) that I really like. Funny thing is that, even though it is smaller and lighter, I find that the trigger design for the P3AT makes it easier for me to shoot more accurately than the P11.