Watching the Stupor Bowl?

Marswolf

TV coverage for the Super Bowl starts on Fox at noon Eastern time. But two hours before that (about 10 minures from now) there is Fox Super Sunday where, " Chris Wallace, Shepard Smith, Bill Hemmer and Megyn Kelly discuss politics and sports."

Kickoff is around 6:15 EST. Or maybe that is around the time they start introducing everyone. There is a countdown clock and more info at http://www.nfl.com/superbowl.

So, when do you plan to start watching and what will the final score be?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to the Super Bowl and watch it every year. I will probably wait until 6PM to tune into to any of it. I really do not have a rooting interest in this game. But it is about the last football game there will be to watch until August.

I like history and if the Pat's win there will be history made, so I am kind of rooting for them a bit. But if they lose I will not lose sleep over it.

Pats 38 Giants 21

Don't watch it, don't care who wins. Tired of football and baseball and basketball for that matter messing with my normal tv programs. They should make special channels on TV with nothing on them but the games so that everyone would be happy with what they watch.:cool:

Don't watch it, don't care who wins. Tired of football and baseball and basketball for that matter messing with my normal tv programs. They should make special channels on TV with nothing on them but the games so that everyone would be happy with what they watch.:cool:

they do,its called espn,espn2,espn3,4,5,6,7,8,9,and i hear 10 is coming later this year.someone should tell the network programers

they do,its called espn,espn2,espn3,4,5,6,7,8,9,and i hear 10 is coming later this year.someone should tell the network programers

Nothing would make me happier (besides having enough money to buy all the guns I want) than for the "networks" to let the sports channels broadcast all the sports and they do their jobs and "report" the stuff on the news at 11.:cool:

I'll watch the game, if I'm not drunk and fall asleep. :cool:

But I can't take much more than the game. I may start watching around 5:00.

Actually, I'm about as interested in the field as the game. The grass (grown in Alabama, BTW) sits in a tray that normally is rolled outside of the stadium to get plenty of sun until the day before the game.

There is a nice feature video about the turf preparation at http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?id=09000d5d8063e946&template=with-video&confirm=true. Click on the video in the upper right area of the screen. You have to watch the Cadillac commercial first. George Toma has been doing the field since Super Bowl 1.

Me & a bud will be watching at least until it gets out of hand. Then over to History/Military channels to see what's on, or maybe TBS will be running a James Bond marathon.

Since I teach mass communication, I'm also always interested in the commercials. 30 seconds of air time costs a cool $2.7 mill this year (that does not include production costs). Usually a decent class discussion emerges revolving around the central question "is it worth it?"

Guest TNDixieGirl

I won't be watching, most of the time. I do make it a point to see the commercials. They're usually a hoot.

I'll be preparing hot homemade chili, hot buffalo wings, sausage balls, cheese dip and chips, pizza rolls, a shrimp tray, a veggie tray, mini eclairs, chocolate chip cookies, french silk pie and numerous other items that will clog your arteries. Ahhhhhhhh yes, I love Super Bowl Sunday.

Then next week will be the NASCAR party!!

I won't be watching, most of the time. I do make it a point to see the commercials. They're usually a hoot.

I'll be preparing hot homemade chili, hot buffalo wings, sausage balls, cheese dip and chips, pizza rolls, a shrimp tray, a veggie tray, mini eclairs, chocolate chip cookies, french silk pie and numerous other items that will clog your arteries. Ahhhhhhhh yes, I love Super Bowl Sunday.

Then next week will be the NASCAR party!!

:cool::D:mad:

Guest TNDixieGirl

Football is to give me a chance to pull the cookies out of the oven, put in a new batch then dump some wings in the fryer before the next commercial comes on. :koolaid:

I did a batch of beef and beans this morning. Supper will be a heating of the sloppy- joe-like stuff served on a toasted open face hamburger bun. Potato chips and a pickle on the side with a beer will provide few interruptions to the game.

I do have some boiled shrimp to snack on too. And a pound cake to nibble on for desert.

Also there are a few pizzas in the freezer in case I get a bad case of the munchies.

Preparation...preparation. :koolaid: