Make it legal to carry without permit: yes or no?

Guest President Fernatt

its not only that I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing that anyone can carry a gun, but I would make mandatory class once a year for everyone with HCP to fresh up on new laws,rules and prove it they are able to use the gun and shoot it...

Db

You're such a good citizen of the state, I bet you'd feel free in prison.

- OS

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not only that I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing that anyone can carry a gun, but I would make mandatory class once a year for everyone with HCP to fresh up on new laws,rules and prove it they are able to use the gun and shoot it...

Db

I like that idea but it doesn't go far enough...I'd say that we should also have a mandate that every person not already pursuing formal education must take at least an annual, high school level class teaching basic English and pass a test before that person is allowed to voice their opinion. :popcorn:

I like that idea but it doesn't go far enough...I'd say that we should also have a mandate that every person not already pursuing formal education must take at least an annual, high school level class teaching basic English and pass a test before that person is allowed to voice their opinion. :popcorn:

And by all means ban ASSAULT SPEECH. :popcorn:

I haven't read all 23 pages of this thread but i'm sure it has been mentioned that since other states require a permit to carry, I would want the permit process in TN to continue just for carry in other states, but in Tennessee, every citizen who is a non-felon and hasn't been committed to a mental hospital should be able to exercise their right to carry without any permit. JM2cents.

Edited by K191145
Guest 270win

I think it is pure stupid that an honest man now days has to pay for permission to put a gun in his pocket when he goes about his daily business with no intention of hurting anyone. There was a time when that was not the case not too long ago. I looked at getting legal as a joke, a hassle, and nothing more than to keep my gun from being confiscated in states that require me to have a license. I never needed the state government to teach me how to shoot because I shoot all the time. Heck, I was turned down to draw from a holster at an indoor range in North Little Rock recently because they only allow 'qualified' people as in 'certified' armed guards and 'trained' police. I was polite and asked if action pistol was good enough from my gun club in addition to my carry permit. No go for the ding dongs at the range. I have seen their 'qualified' armed guards and police shoot and yes they are quite UNQUALIFIED to draw and told that to the range boys back home. I'll stick to my gun club!

Proof of how dumb state training really is. I've seen it a lot. My starting out at a saw dust pile taught me a lot and still practicing at a gun club makes me better than the so called 'qualified' state certified. Yes I carry legally and did have an AR CHL at one time and now a TN carry permit too. But even before that I could shoot quite well on my own without government intervention.

I've noticed a lot of the comments on here are about how well a person shoots, comments going back close to beginning of the thread saying people in their hcp class were missing the target at 3 yards. Well that's one simple thing confidence the more confident you are with a weapon the better you shall shoot.The more familiarized you are with a weapon the better you will shoot,but how is one to get better with a weapon with there are so many obstacles to overcome in some states to get a weapon in the first place.Some of you act like your not gun owners at all,maybe your hidden liberals trying to sneak in on us law abiding gun owners,maybe your just confused,I don't know. What I do know is trying to force people to do what you want them to do will not help any situation,Forcing hcp holders to go to an advanced class wouldn't help anything, more then likely it would be hurt their accuracy cause you can't truly concentrate when the only thought on your brain is dang how good do i need to shoot in order from them not to take what's mine. I've out shot officers of the law, I've out shot my brother in the marines and my brother in the army, and my training is only as much as i choose to train, yea i probably shoot more then the average person but that's cause it's what I love doing and I can go when I choose Not when someone tells me I have too.

I haven't read all 23 pages of this thread but i'm sure it has been mentioned that since other states require a permit to carry, I would want the permit process in TN to continue just for carry in other states, but in Tennessee, every citizen who is a non-felon and hasn't been committed to a mental hospital should be able to exercise their right to carry without any permit. JM2cents.

You're right....

What has said by most is, no one wants to do away with permits, just be like AK/AZ. Allow carry without permits, but issue them (same process as now) to those that may want them for reciprocity or other reasons.