Advice on a 7.62X39 AR15

R1100R

Has anybody on here have any first hand experience on a AR15 running 7.62X39 Russian?

I see allot of the manufacturers are offering them and in 5.45 also. Looking for what brand info also on the weapon you had experience with. I already have several AK's,

just have interest in this round and rifle for a specific purpose.

Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gopher6

I have and would recommend the Colt version and late production C-Products magazines. Most other brands are a little iffy IMO. Don't bother with anyone else's magazines, you'll just be unhappy. Mine runs like a clock and digests all kinds of Wolf and other cheap ammo but it leaves the gun very dirty. Accuracy is 2 or 3 MOA.

HTH

i bougt one from dolmite in knoxville it has a 308 bore.i reload for it it shots sub moa i load it with nosler 125 grain b.t or run 175 grain subsonic and use a can lots of fun i like the 308 bore cause i can use better bullets i use c products magazines

I ordered parts for one right after Christmas. I think it will be awesome.

Osprey Defense OPS-416 gas piston retrofit kit

Del-Ton 7.62x39mm barrel assembly

SI Defense 7.62x39mm bolt

AAC 51T blackout mount

going to use my Bushmaster 6.8 lower and Trijicon RMR. Hopefully one day my AAC 762-SD paperwork will clear.

i bougt one from dolmite in knoxville it has a 308 bore.i reload for it it shots sub moa i load it with nosler 125 grain b.t or run 175 grain subsonic and use a can lots of fun i like the 308 bore cause i can use better bullets i use c products magazines

Glad to hear it is shooting as well for you as it did for me. I got some of the best groups using 180 Sierra SP's (stock number 2150). I don't remember the charge weight I was using for it. I imagine the extra barrel length lets you squeeze some extra velocity out of it as well. I didn't have my chronograph until after I sold it to you. I know you like the trigger a well, if you have any other AR's you need done let me know and I bring my stuff to do them to a show.

Dolomite

Who made the upper/barrel and bolt for this?

Guest coldblackwind

I've shot one my dad owns, shoots pretty much like any other AR. No idea of the make, as it isn't my gun. Like they said though, mags are a problem, theres only one good manufacturer out there, I don't remember what ones he finally had luck with, but everyone seems be saying c products so I'm assuming those are them!

Who made the upper/barrel and bolt for this?

I had most of the machine work done at Predator Custom. I used a barrel blank from Numrich's and had the standard bolt opened up for the .445" bolt face. I used a JP adjustable gas block. It wore a 24" barrel as well. It shot well for me and seems like it is the same for him.

Dolomite

I dug into building one about a year ago, but decided to build an FAL instead. At that time, the only reliable package was the Colt, which was more than I wanted to spend. Some rifles built by people worked well with little issues, some had major teething pains and required skilled hands to get them to run. Feeding, bolts, and mags seemed to be big problem areas. I'd still like to have one.