New toy!!!

Mike

Got a Bushmaster today. Got it at Franklin Gun Shop. It's a pre-ban model with the flash suppressor and bayonet lug.

Franklin Gun Shop was great, the only complaint I have is that the rifle was very dirty. you would think they would clean them up a little so they look nice. I got that taken care of when I got home though. It took about 45 minutes to get all of the copper/powder fouling out of the barrel.

Picture.jpg

Nice find. MY main recommendation is to clean as manual states. Many folks booger up the crown. Also, I would avoid russian ammo.

Is there an on line manual? The rifle was used and didn't come with any paperwork...

Note taken on the Ruskie ammo.

Nice rifle! Those dudes in Franklin have a large selection. If you go in there and can't find anything you need you've got too many guns!

You can get a USMC or Army tech manual to help you out on what to clean, how to inspect and replace parts, and what to lube.

I recommend a cleaning rod guide. It just goes in through the upper receiver and is held in the barrel with a little rubber ring. I've got one for my AR and it works well. Clean from breach to muzzle at all times if possible. Get a Dewey cleaning rod too.

Dang, another gun that I won't have any time soon.

I hate you so very very much.

Looks like the list is growing and growing and growing.

The time to buy is now. I bought an M4 from a dealer in Oklahoma off Gunbroker last week for $859, and I looked today, the same dealer is selling for $879. Gun prices have never been higher, and will never get lower. The longer you wait, the more you will pay.

Guest Archimedes
Well, the checkbook says I can't buy one and the wife agrees with it.
Haven't you ever heard the old saying: "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission" :D

Haha!

Well said, both of you. :)

Yeah, when I asked my checkbook, it laughed at me. :)

That is one sweet rifle, Mike. I, too, hate you with a passion. :D

J/K, good luck and happy shooting.

I've been in Franklin twice this year and still have yet to make it to FGS.

I really need to get in there.

~Archi

Guest Archimedes

BTW, I'm still not clear on this pre-ban/post-ban thing.

WTH does this mean to me? Does it only really matter in states like CA or what?

Finally, what would I have to do to turn one of these M4s into a selectable auto later on down the road?

~Archi

Finally, what would I have to do to turn one of these M4s into a selectable auto later on down the road?

~Archi

You mean besides a major cornhole?

1. Buy a $6000 sear reged. before May 1986, with this and the tax stamp you can get the bolt carrier, selecter, hammer, disconnector and trigger for it.

2. Buy a $6000 SMD Lightning Link reged. before May 1986.

3. Buy a $16000 Factory Fully Auto AR/M-16 reged. before May 1986.

4. Join a Military group

5. Join a Law Enforcement group and have the Dept head Approve you to get one.

6. Learn to bumpfire.

7. Make a new rifle FA and run the risk of going to FPMITA prison.

Does that sum it up?

Guest Shay VanVlymen

Well, you could also become an 01 FFL with a Class 3 SOT and with a department letter you can have a demo post '86 sample. Or, you can become an 07 FFL with a Class 2 SOT and make post 86 samples.