And my wait begins.....

Guest tkemo648

Guest tkemo648

I just finished my dreaded trip to the DMV to complete the application for my HCP and to go get fingerprinted this morning, and now the agony of waiting begins for me. Has anyone applied around the first of the year and gotten their permit in the mail yet or anyone know the current wait times. From everything I've been told I'm looking at around 2-3 weeks of waiting and checking the mail like a little kid.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TennTitan

I just got mine in last week. I went to the DMV and got fingerprinted the same day. It took them 3 weeks to the day before i got it in the mail. That was a lot faster then I expected. You might get yours quicker. I applied Dec 23rd, and with Christmas and the New Years holidays, I'm sure it slowed mine down a couple of days.

Guest tkemo648

These are some encouraging words, hopefully there are no bumps in my applications road and it actually does get here in around 3 weeks......knock on wood....

Guest Russell

DMV Jan 5th and fingerprints Jan 6th... I know it's still early but I almost hit my mailbox trying to get to it when I got home. My first day thinking there was a possibility of it being there.

=)

Guest tkemo648

Today marks the one week point since I submitted my HCP application. Hopefully I'm halfway there on the road to getting the permit in the mail, I hope this time next week I can begin to plan my trip to wally world.

Guest rebeldrummer

Went to DMV and got fingerprinted on the 20th....I'll check back in upon arrival. I however will not be taking the infamous "Wally-walk" .... Maybe a trip to Bills Outpost? More likely just strap on the G23 or KT-PF9 ??

Guest Russell

I got mine yesterday! I was so excited I immediately created a shopping list. One of the few times I've ever been excited to go shopping.

It took exactly 20 days to show up in my mailbox. After yesterday and today and doing a lot of errands I'm already feeling at ease having it on me... to the point I went in somewhere today and forgot it was there.

Happy waiting, it's worth it. =)

Guest tkemo648

Tomorrow will mark two weeks for me as well. I really don't expect to be greeted by the permit in my mailbox but I will be going to check it first thing everyday until it arrives.

Guest tkemo648

Today officially marks two weeks since fingerprinting and application. It would be nice to be greeted with the permit in my mailbox but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Guest tkemo648

Glad you got yours quickly wrigolv. I checked my mail first thing yesterday and had nothing but junk, but I'll continue to check it daily till I get the darn thing in the mail.

Guest GradStudent

I also applied/got fingerprinted on 1/18. Mine arrived in the mail today. I renewed my driver's license online 1 week after I submitted my application, and it arrived today also. That's 15 days.

edit: also, the issue date is the same day i renewed my driver's license.

Edited by GradStudent
Guest tkemo648

I just checked my mail and had nothing so I gave them a call. I talked to a lady by the name of Barbra and she said my application was still in process...or whatever that means. She said that my background check had already came back and was good but they were waiting on my certificate and application to be processed into the system, then they can issue my permit. Seems kinda odd to me but I guess I'll just have to continue the waiting game.

Guest TennTitan
I just checked my mail and had nothing so I gave them a call. I talked to a lady by the name of Barbra and she said my application was still in process...or whatever that means. She said that my background check had already came back and was good but they were waiting on my certificate and application to be processed into the system, then they can issue my permit. Seems kinda odd to me but I guess I'll just have to continue the waiting game.

I called and checked on mine 2 weeks in and had a similar problem as you. They had my background check in, but didn't have my app and certificate loaded in the system. I don't remember the ladies name but she told me that she showed on the computer where they had received it but it hasn't been logged into the system. i was told it would take 2 days before it was logged in and then 7-14 days before i got my permit in the mail. 8 days after I called it was in my mailbox. i was surprised that the DMV didn't get my cetificate and app over faster than they did. I don't know what the proccess is, they might email, fax, or mail it to the people who log it in the system. Being the state government they probably ride it up to Nashville on a mule. lol. But just be patient, I'm sure you'll get it very soon.