Worried about my Sadie

laktrash

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a terrible roller coaster. We talk to the vet thurs had some complications wouldn't eat more fluid on lungs. Pretty much hopeing we had done the right thing. I want to mention again That this not about me or my wife but about Sadie she is special little girl not taking away from my others but's she a trooper and almost human. Anyway we were going to let it go over night and make a decision. Got the call friday sadie is looking much better and positive we went to ICU and saw her really looked better than I expected still had the IV 's alll over her but they had removed the tubes from her lungs. She seemed fairly alert and glad to us. Everybody at UT was pleased with her progress. Friday nite red blood count dropped and had a seisure, The vets think possably due to all the medications . So they backed of some of the meds and yesterday her blood count stablized and we got her to eat some peanut butter. We just got the call this morning she is doing much better she ate some regular food some more peanut butter and drank some water. She alert watching things and very positive and watching the door like ready to go home. As one vet said "she's a fighter" We're having a difficult time with the decision process. I don't want her to suffer but also to give her a chance to enjoy life They said she maybe able to come tues or wed. The house is sure empty without her she's the only one that gets to sleep with us at the foot of the bed "wisdom and seniorty" Thanks for checking on her and I know we've all had to go thru this but it doesn't make it any easier.

laktrash, I would/will sell EVERYTHING for my kids, furkids that is!! No doubt in my mind. I have 7 dogs...3 Jack Russel Terrorists, 3 Lab mix and a Shepherd mix. There is no way i can/will discount how you feel. I pray you you and Sadie (and the rest of your family).

Sadie update I don't mean to wear everybody out on this but

She got to come home yesterday and looks really good. She got about a 10" incision in her chest. Everybody is really pleased with progress at UT . She's got a spring in her step got in bed with us last nite (which I had concerns about) but everything went well she barking at boat traffic and dogs on the TV. She gets her 2nd chemo thurs I know she was sure glad to see the couch

Thanks again everybody

dogs024c.jpg

dogs022.jpg