Music City Cup 2011

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Registrations are flooding in nicely before the early deadline(especially the last Thursday and Friday). I am hoping we do not cut off registrations(walk-ins) because this was not our original intention.

This may be premature. As clubs are watching all of their operating expenses this was a win - win for all parties. However with the 49 clubs within the 7-9 states, there are simply not enough committed clubs willing to save on shipping costs for targets and pasters with Target Barn. Only 5 clubs committed in the offer(1 was iffy). This will not be worth any vendor to waste advertising and transportation costs for the low turnout for club savings. Now I understand that we all may have different vendors we buy supplies from but there will not be a better deal on IDPA targets in the area. I will be contacting the sponsor tomorrow to discuss as I feel that we will not be able to make this trip worthwhile for his business. I am sorry about this as this was a prize sponsor of the match as well as a match sponsor. That was money we did not need to lose as we will probably will have to purchase the targets for the match.

• 2 weeks later...

You and about 90 others. Six more entries in yesterday. We should have around 90 to 110 paid shooters. Add in SOs and match officials. Great for the first match. I will post some important news for the first 100 shooters on this and other forums.

This upcoming Friday night:

Round count

Update Prize Table

Important news from Target Barn - Save shipping cost on any item from their website to be picked up at the match. All orders send to President@mctsclub.com. Clubs do not forget your targets(any type) and pasters(any color). These offers are done all the time with clubs in the north. This is the first time we are attempting this in the south with 10 plus sanctioned events within a 4.5 hour drive from Nashville.

Round count: 176 minimum rounds

Shooters Bag(First 100 shooters - All SO will receive this):

5.11 Tactical

Re-Usable Bag - Shooters bags

#51060 Promo Knife - Shooters Bags

#58824 US Playing cards - Shooters Bags

#58790 Executive Pen - Shooters Bags

Super Swab

(2) Pack of 4 9mm swabs

Comp-Tac

(2) Comp-Tac Towels

Target Barn Promotional items, 5.11 Tactical Catalog(30% discount), Dillon Precision Promotional items

Music City Tactical Shooters in conjunction with 5.11 Tactical will have T-Shirts in white and blue there for purchase.

Hope to see you there!

Edited by HOGNUT

I am so ready to shoot this thing. Still a lot of work left though.

New Comp-tac holster and mag pouch should be here today. Getting rid of the "holster of death":death:(serpa). I figure the new holster should at least cut my times in half :D. Seriously though I do believe there is some lost time with the serpa. Although I think the leg shots are operator error, and not the holster's fault.

Hello Michael: Please forward this information, and the attachment, to all shooters coming to the Music City Cup. We are offering reduced prices and FREE SHIPPING on approximately 30 items shown on the attached flyer. Each shooter will receive a flyer at the match. However, if shooters order in advance on our website, we can bring the items to the Match on November 5th.

We will also bring any other stock items to the match, and save shooters the cost of shipping. This includes targets, pasters, CED range bags, Berrys and Zero jacketed bullets, magazines for Glock, S&W M+P, Springfield XD, and 1911. We have many powders in stock like TiteGroup, Clays, W-231, and Vihta Vuori. We can bring Federal or Winchester primers at $149.00 per 5,000 with no sales tax or Haz-Mat fees.

Place orders at our website www.targetbarn.com and on the last line called "Discount Code" just enter MUSIC CITY CUP. That will be our key to bring the order on Nov. 5th. For prices or to check stock on powders, please email us at targetbarn@aol.com or call 419 829-2242.

Please place orders no later than Wednesday, Nov. 2nd. We look forward to seeing everyone at the match. Thanks, Dave Zimmerman, Target Barn, Inc.

Good Weekend for the Music City Cup!

Saturday:

Thank you, Robert and Greg for your work on the range. I know there was a lot of work and should not have taken 8 hours to complete if more help was there. It is hard with only 3 people to clean up the other side but it look a lot better.

Sunday:

Thank you, Robert and Chip for your work on the range. I know there was a lot of work and should not have taken 9 plus hours to finish the setup on the other side plus driving in posts on both sides(wait neither one of you did the T-Posts so never mind).

This is the best the range has ever looked.