Ruger SR9C Pron

CBarx

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe

It looks just like mine and I carry it daily unless I am carrying its big brother in OD green. I love them both and am thinking about getting the SR40 in black to complete the set until that is Ruger makes the SR45.:D

I have had no function issues from either of the guns, two years for the full size and this month makes one year with the compact. I have nearly 5000 through the full size and nearly 3000 through the lil' one.

I am sure you will enjoy it.;)

I just recently got the all black version. Stay away from UMC/Remington ammo. It caused major problems in mine.I really like the feel and the way this pistol shoots. I have a Glock 19 for years that was my primary go to weapon. The sights are better on the Ruger and it seems to be a little more accurate. My only complaint is the slide is the hardest I have ever tried to rack.

You are really going to like it.

Well, there goes any chance of my wife liking it. She likes my baby Glock, but has a hard time racking the slide. :-\

I also have a SR9C and love it. If you want a great , easy to operate, handgun for the wife, I'd suggest the Walther PK380. My wife has had joint surgery on both hands and can easily rack the slide with virtually no effort. It is the lightest working slide I have ever seen.

I just recently got the all black version. Stay away from UMC/Remington ammo. It caused major problems in mine.I really like the feel and the way this pistol shoots. I have a Glock 19 for years that was my primary go to weapon. The sights are better on the Ruger and it seems to be a little more accurate. My only complaint is the slide is the hardest I have ever tried to rack.

The first day I took this out to the range, I shot a Kimber 1911, two XD's, 2 Glocks (a 26 and a 19 I believe), and I had the tightest group with my new SR9c at any distance over those guns. Now I know it's all about the feel of the gun and getting used to it, so by no means am I saying that one is more accurate over the other, but for the money I'm thrilled with this Ruger. I will admit, the slide is pretty gnarly at first. I kept it stored with the slide locked in the rear position for the first couple weeks to try to break that spring in and that seemed to help a lot. I'm looking at getting my carry permit this year. I'd love to hear feedback on how "comfortable" (if there is such a thing) this gun carries. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

... My only complaint is the slide is the hardest I have ever tried to rack...

Odd. I fondled one in a store a week or so ago and was surprised at how easy it was to rack. Seemed the same or even a little lighter than my big P85. Based on that and the smooth trigger, it moved up the list of guns to get my wife to check out.

I will admit, the slide is pretty gnarly at first. I kept it stored with the slide locked in the rear position for the first couple weeks to try to break that spring in and that seemed to help a lot.

I tried this also and it worked at first. But after I put it back in the safe with the slide forward it went back to gnarly. It does seem to get better the more you shoot. I have racked several of these at stores and they were all the same. All I can say is that it is stiff. I have been carrying it in a Sticky Holster about 4 o'clock and it carries well. Not as block- ish as the G19 due to the smooth edges. This is with the short mag.

What kind of issues? I buy Remington all the time. Their JHP are the same price as other's fmj's and fire great. I was thinking of getting an SR9c, but have a couple of thousand rounds of remington.

My only complaint is the slide is the hardest I have ever tried to rack.

+1 for both of these statements.

After about 500 rounds mine seems to have lightened up a just bit. I don't think that locking the slide back does much though. I'm pretty sure that slide springs (or any springs for that matter) become weaker after repeated compression/release cycles. If prolonged compression had an effect, mag springs would have to be replaced a lot more often since they are under total compression most of the time.

I have tried WWB, UMC, Monarch Brass, and my SD round is Winchester PDX1. They all seem to function just fine.

You chose wisely. :biglol:

I'd suggest the Walther PK380. It is the lightest working slide I have ever seen.

I love Walthers. Their grips just work with my hands really well, and they're awesome looking guns IMO. I'd love to pick one up at some point.

What kind of issues? I buy Remington all the time. Their JHP are the same price as other's fmj's and fire great. I was thinking of getting an SR9c, but have a couple of thousand rounds of Remington.

I am talking about the Yellow Box UMC 250 count 9mm made buy Remington. Their budget line . I believe this is what the others are talking about, especially when shot in a SR9C.

yup video not working....but SWEET firearm my friend. I am looking at getting on this week??? My bday presetn to MYSELF!!! ha ha lol

Just saw one at Bill's Outpost in Maryville today. Got mine there last year, but they have the stainless/2-tone, mine is all black. Love it love it love it! Hope you get what you want for your birthday!