Survive Johnson City, TN - City-wide game of zombie tag

Guest joshlawn2

Guest joshlawn2

Zombie Tag Link Here<--

Friday, March 25 at 9:00pm - March 26 at 1:00am

Johnson City,100 W. Millard Street

Johnson City, TN

PLEASE INVITE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS. THE MORE PEOPLE ATTEND THE BETTER IT WILL BE

A city-wide game of zombie tag. Players must make it to all six checkpoints without becoming infected and turning into zombies themselves before reaching the finish.

1. Players will come to the game wearing a white t-shirt under a black t-shirt. When a human player is tagged with both hands by a zombie they will remove the black t-shirt and become zomb...ies. This way zombies will be easily identifiable by their white t-shirts. *If asked directly players must answer whether they are in the game or not. This will help avoid any mix-ups with civilians.

2. A small item yet to be revealed will be given to each player before the game starts. When a player is tagged they will hand that item over to their "killer" so that a kill count for each zombie can be assessed at the end of the game.

3. Going indoors is prohibited unless its for the restroom. Don't hide from the zombies in a bar like a little bitch, get out there and mix it up.

4. Trespassing is neither encouraged or prohibited by the game. If you wanna run through someone's backyard go ahead, but try not to get the game shut down for the rest of us.

5. Checkpoints will consist of a stamp that will be placed on either the players' hands or a piece of paper, at the players discretion. Checkpoints will be surrounded by small "Safe Zones" where zombies cannot tag players.

6. Game must be played on foot. If you can't walk then a wheelchair or powerchair is fine. No cars though since they are too enclosed and too fast for the zombies to have a chance. Remember its as much about being sneaky as about being fast. You don't have to be fast to win the game.

Game map can be found here: Survive Johnson City - Google Maps

Prizes will be awarded to the zombie with the most kills and the first (or only) humans to finish alive.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest joshlawn2

I believe it is in part coordinated with the city, so unless your getting carried away too much you should be fine. As far as the number of people needed to make this a great time, all I can say is - The More The Merrier. Since we have until March to test our Zombie evading skills, let's spread the word and hope for the best.

It sounds like it could be fun. But, its to far to travel for me. It won't be a accurate representation of the Zombie Apocalypse, if you're not allowed to shoot the zombies. I hope it takes off though, and makes Johnson City boatloads of cash. If so, other citys will join in and try to cash in. Maybe one would be closer to Nashville.

John

Guest Lester Weevils

That sounds like lots of fun. Kinda like a fancy game of tag.

It doesn't sound like zombie makeup would be necessary, though it might end up a costume party.

A comment that doesn't apply to this event, just something have thought about. Reading about some of the zombie parties that have happened here'n'there-- Have wondered if the wisdom of dressing up in full zombie garb at night, might be similar wisdom as dressing in a bear suit or a bigfoot suit and wandering around in the woods at night?

Guest joshlawn2

A comment that doesn't apply to this event, just something have thought about. Reading about some of the zombie parties that have happened here'n'there-- Have wondered if the wisdom of dressing up in full zombie garb at night, might be similar wisdom as dressing in a bear suit or a bigfoot suit and wandering around in the woods at night?

LoL, I know what you mean.

Guest timcooks

So far there are 562 people planned on attending on the FB page... Might get really entertaining, if the locals get pissed off at all the ZOMBIES...

Guest timcooks

Are you being facetious??? Hell, Im serious as erectile dysfunction. I would like to at least watch this mass hysteria go down. Anyone know if there is a bar IVO this impending pooch screw?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Michael.G

Welcome to the Survive Johnson City webpage. Survive Johnson City will be the city’s first ever large scale game of zombie tag and is so far estimated to attract 6,000 people to downtown Johnson City, Tennessee. The game will begin at 9pm on April 1st with players departing the starting area in an attempt to make it to six checkpoints without being tagged and becoming zombies themselves. We’ll also be making a formal attempt to break the Guinness world record for the largest game of tag ever played. This event is free for all attendees and all ages are welcome.

I'm so there !!!

The facebook page has a link to this site. it may have more answers. Im not gonna bother reading it cause ill be out of state. The more i read the more ill be upset that i cant go. http://survivejohnsoncity.wordpress.com/

Thank you for the link. It still went through a facebook page but I didn't have to have a user or password. Here's the direct link for those interested:

http://survivejohnsoncity.wordpress.com/

Guest transammanv8

I have nothing better to do that night. Where do they expect everyone to park? If over 6k people attend, that'll be a lot of cars down there.

I don't really know that area real well so I may go walk it next weekend if it doesn't rain.

OH MY GOD! It's about two hours away from here..... I'm only about 100% sure me and a ton of people I know are gonna be there.

Even if this DOES turn out to be a prank, after we all look like idiots... GAME ON! Just cause they weren't planning on actually playing doesn't mean we can't!