Groups in Middle TN

Are there any real survivalist groups in middle TN? None of the armchair BS or couch commandos, I know there's plenty of that.

I'm not looking for names, places or invitations, just curious. It seems from what I see that people are fairly polarized into either paranoia or apathy. AND it seems the 'noids are always talkers, not doers. It sure would be nice, at the very least, to know there's groups with which one could possibly earn trust in time.

Too many wannabees. Better to be on the bottom of the totem pole in a group of people who know what they are doing than High Brass in a group that doesn't.

Any advice, recommendations or thoughts welcome.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None that I have found. I have had this conversation with friends and most seem to be of the mindset that they can/will do everything on their own. I on the other hand know that labor is going to be the greatest commodity and between gathering, hunting, defending, and building that the more hands you have the better. Finding like minded people and researching and practicing may be your only hope.

Similar here. Although I think I may be the only one in my family remotely prepared, and I'm still working on it. If for some reason there is a EMP then I am screwed cause all my resources are here and I'm not attempting to lug 1000 lbs of food on foot 11 miles. May have to go out and find a horse and buggy and come back for the supplies.

If for some reason there is a EMP then I am screwed cause all my resources are here and I'm not attempting to lug 1000 lbs of food on foot 11 miles.

Just invest in something with a point distributor. Ideal would be a something with a 350 [parts availability] and a stick shift, then choke down the cost for a magneto distributor. Problem solved, just make a habit of parking next to an incline every time before you cut it off just in case/when the battery cops out.

I see a similar situation as is happening in Egypt if we don't start to close the gap between the have's and have not's. In that case I'm cool and can snag my trailer and rhino. Load up the bed full of supplies and head to my fall back location. As soon as I get my welder fixed I am going to be working on some drum wood stoves, one will be a double stack with the top being used as an oven if needed. Already have all the supplies I need to build a proper fireplace and chimney at the location all I will have to do is collect rain water to make the mortar. Also bought some heavy duty plastic totes to move the food in volume. Now I just need to find a hand drill and a few other odds and ends hand tools.

Guest MidTNShooter
Are there any real survivalist groups in middle TN? None of the armchair BS or couch commandos, I know there's plenty of that.

I'm not looking for names, places or invitations, just curious. It seems from what I see that people are fairly polarized into either paranoia or apathy. AND it seems the 'noids are always talkers, not doers. It sure would be nice, at the very least, to know there's groups with which one could possibly earn trust in time.

Too many wannabees. Better to be on the bottom of the totem pole in a group of people who know what they are doing than High Brass in a group that doesn't.

Any advice, recommendations or thoughts welcome.

Hello Caster,

After I saw your post, I thought of your situation and then what could I do to help anyone who is willing to help themselves. When martial law is instituted, who do we turn to ? When the groceries dry up because of a riot or everyone is paniced.. who do we turn to ?

No one.

I have a recent post at http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/survival-skills/53832-fallout-resource-available.html#post692565

that I would like to offer an invitation.

Take Care and God Bless,

MidTNShooter

MidTNShooter, very cool.

I wonder; We all have our suspicions, boundaries and commitments. That's a given. I don't propose anything, I'm merely trolling (positively!!!) for response here. Would it be possible that there are people in the eastern Hickman/Dickson, northern Maury western Williamson county area interested in such a thing? AND by such a thing I mean realistic, honest people of at least some semblance of moral fiber, free from perverts, liars, heathen and all other forms of moral degenerates?

I like a shot of Black Label once in a while and I'll throw out a Æ’Ω©k you in a heartbeat if I'm cross but there's a line that used to be clear many moons ago but has been obscured by the feel good generations of late.

My wife loathes the idea of my meeting strangers for such reasons as what is obvious here, but I can think of few things I can do better for her than to develop more skills and secure a future existence for the two of us.

???????????

†††