Opinions on Crimson Trace Laser Grips?

Guest ChopperGuy

Guest ChopperGuy

My current every-day carry weaponis is a Glock 27 with the Crimson Trace Laser grips installed. It seems like I have to constantly re-zero this thing to the point where it is starting to get annoying. It is more than eight inches off within 20 rounds. Any suggestions or are the CT grips just not that great? :)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard and seen that thats just how it is with those. I had a friend with a pair on his glock and he always had to rezero after about 50 rounds or so, on the other hand, i had another friend with a Sig 226 with crimson's on it who never had to rezero. No idea what the difference is.

Guest HexHead
I've heard and seen that thats just how it is with those. I had a friend with a pair on his glock and he always had to rezero after about 50 rounds or so, on the other hand, i had another friend with a Sig 226 with crimson's on it who never had to rezero. No idea what the difference is.

Isn't the CT on a Glock just a "slip on" over the grips? I could see how that could move around with firing. A couple of mm at the grip will be inches downrange. These really need to be screw in replacement grips.

Last time I went to the range, the guy in the next aisle had a CT on a small pistol. I was getting dizzy watching that dot dance over his target. :eek:

Guest ChopperGuy

The CT laser grips for the G27 slip over the stock grip, but they are held in place with a pin you have to drive through both sides of the grip. There's also a small shim you install to take up any additional slack. It seems very secure as the pin was a real pain to get through both sides. Yet, I still have movement somewhere. I'm thinking I should send them back for evaluation. Thanks to all for the feedback. :stunned:

You just couldn't resist could you?

/waits for the inevitable Glock haters/lovers to post :mad:

No, I couldn't. :(

Of course I fit into both the Glock haters/ laser haters category.

I've been there with a Glock with a laser mounted on it. Can't believe I was so doubly stupid. :rofl:

Guest Phantom6

They (lasers) are good for certain specialized applications. 28 years ago when for a living I used to carry an MP5SD, a Govt. model Mini-14 and an 870 with rifled barrel all of which were laser equiped by a company known as Laser Aimed Weapons Systems Inc. out of San Francisco, those were all for very specific purposes. Lasers are great training tools but for the avg. shooter that is about the extent of it.

• 4 months later...