Baseball!

Guest TheMikeLurie

Guest TheMikeLurie

Well the Superbowl is over and it is officially time to start talking baseball.

Pitchers and catchers will report in 2 days, and the countdown to Spring begins. Personally, it's my favorite time of year. Baseball is the only sport I give a lick about.

Any baseball fans here? Anybody want to throw out some early predictions?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love baseball! But as a die hard Braves fan I know better than to make predictions. I just hold on and hope for the best. I would have to say with the pitching additions to the Phillies they are the team to beat, and of course in our division. I wouldn't think it likely that the giants will have another year like last but they do have great pitching so anything is possible.

Guest TheMikeLurie
I love baseball! But as a die hard Braves fan I know better than to make predictions.

His NAME is Dan Uggla! Great addition. A bounceback year from Jurrjens, McCann is the best catcher in the game, and Heyward is a year older and wiser. I don't think anyone would blame you if you made a prediction. They should be darn good.

One thing is for certain, both your Braves and the Phillies will be better than my Mets. But the great thing about this time of year is that, for now, we are all tied for first place.

I am ready for some baseball.

Hope to make a couple trips to Cincinnati to see my Redlegs. They'll also air a bunch of games of FoxSports Tennessee. I am hoping for (but really not expecting) another NL Central division crown. We did make some nice offseason moves locking down some of our young talent (Votto and Bruce in particular).

I'll also probably hit 8 or 10 Sounds games. They're usually a good time too and pretty economical.

Both of you guys should be trembling in your boots over that starting rotation the Phillies have assembled. That's a Murderer's Row right there.

The only good news for the Reds in that regard is that we only play the Phils half as much as you East division clubs do.

Guest TheMikeLurie
Both of you guys should be trembling in your boots over that starting rotation the Phillies have assembled. That's a Murderer's Row right there.

The only good news for the Reds in that regard is that we only play the Phils half as much as you East division clubs do.

Yeah I agree. What are they calling them? The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse...

I'm not even going to attempt to put a positive spin on it.. There's no denying they are strong. But I will say this, sometimes the players (or in this case entire rotations) that are surrounded by the most hype are the ones that fall terribly short of meeting expectations. Oswalt is no spring chicken, and he has had some chronic back problems. Lee also had some health issues last year. When he first arrived in Texas he wasn't exactly dominant... he did look great through the playoffs though. Like I said, it's absurd to not give credit where credit is due and pretend this isn't one of the most dominant rotations I've ever seen. But it isn't out of the realm of possibility that if they suffer some injuries, they could fall far short of expectations. i'm not wishing injury on anyone, but I won't lie and say I won't be laughing my rear end off if they fail to be "The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse".

The Reds are going to be fun to watch. I think this might be the breakout year for Aroldis Chapman. I love the outfield of Stubbs, Bruce and Gomes. Votto and Phillips are always great. I actually think the NL Central will be the best race in baseball. I love what the Brew Crew did with their rotation. Greinke and Marcum are going to be solid. They already had the bats, now they have a rotation too. The Cards, well what else can you say about the Cards... they are always tough. It will be interesting to see how the Pujols saga plays out.

I'm really looking forward to the Central.

I would much rather watch baseball than professional football. I'm really hoping my STL. Cardinals get their heads out of their rears and play ball this year........and sign Pujols already!!!!

Edited by brooksjr
double DOH!!!
...McCann is the best catcher in the game...
Umm...Joe Mauer begs to disagree, sir. Buster Posey might have a thing or two to say about that, as well. :D

And as for predictions, I will go out on a limb and say that my Cubbies will NOT win the World Series this year... :P

Umm...Joe Mauer begs to disagree, sir. Buster Posey might have a thing or two to say about that, as well. :rolleyes:

And as for predictions, I will go out on a limb and say that my Cubbies will NOT win the World Series this year... :P

I'll give you Joe Mauer, but Posey needs to spend a day or two in the league before he can count. Don't get me wrong he's good, but let's see some consistency first.

Guest mustangdave

Grew up on WEST COAST Baseball....Giant's..... A's..... Parde's....and maybe Dodger's. Looking forward to catching some games this season at Greer Stadium