For the TGO Geeks

Guest dotsun

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

620 is one of the easier MS cert exams I've had to take. 70-298 still ranks as the roughest MS exam I've ever taken.

Vista Exams: 620 (Vista), 621 (Upgrade from MCDST) 622 (Enterprise Applications Troubleshooting on Vista), & 623 (Consumer Applications Support on Vista)

Guest canynracer
Chalk me up as a guy who won't use or reccommend Vista until it's absolutely necessary.

yeah...me too dammit!!!

I keep a ghost image of my xp pro every time I do an update...LOL

Guest TargetShooter84
Plus another here.

I am thinking of converting to MAC's when my PC's die. Probably the next laptop will be an iBook

plus one here!

I REFUSE to use windows vistas....I absolutely hated it and my next purchase is definitely going to be an Apple MacBook with Leopard, Mac, and Windows XP installed on it with Bootcamp

I actually like Vista.:rofl: One of the better OS Microsoft has put out. It's kinda like trying to compare a tricked out STI at $3000 to a Taurus 1911. Are there differences? Of course, but does it justify the fact you paid 4.5 :eek: time as much as the Taurus for a gun that will give you less overall production, unless your in competition? What did you really pay for?

:D:)

you guys are a bunch of dorks :rofl::)

Dorks like us gave you the Internet. (=

I actually like Vista.:D One of the better OS Microsoft has put out. It's kinda like trying to compare a tricked out STI at $3000 to a Taurus 1911. Are there differences? Of course, but does it justify the fact you paid 4.5 :eek: time as much as the Taurus for a gun that will give you less overall production, unless your in competition? What did you really pay for?

More accurately, XP Pro is a Taurus 1911, it works, it's got all the features you need, and some of the ones you want. And it's reliable as long as you take decent care of it. Vista is what you'd get if Jennings made Glocks. Some... maybe even most of them will work, but not very reliably, and you're going to shoot yourself in the *** a lot trying to keep it maintained, and the gunsmith down the street is going to tell you to go **** up a rope when you want something done to it because they're so hard to work on.

Edited by skwashdem
Chalk me up as a guy who won't use or reccommend Vista until it's absolutely necessary.

I'm usually pretty cutting edge when it comes to getting onboard with new MS products, but I just can't like Vista. I decided if I had to learn a new O/S it would be Linux. My wife's laptop has Vista on it and I refuse to use it.

BTW, has anyone seen that MS is offering free do-overs on all of their MCSE tests till summertime? Now is a good time to take on some of those certs. :D

Yeah, you just have to register with Microsoft before you take the exam the first time. Then you've got 2 weeks to get your free retake in. They did that last year's too. Was quite helpful.

That was Al Gore.

Al Gore lies.

Edited by skwashdem

Congrats on the test. I am actually working on my MCSD. As for Vista, I have 2 PCs that I use for development and they are both on XP, but my laptop that is more for general business use is on Vista Ultimate. I like Vista, Microsoft just has some issues they need to work out around their high end development tools and Vista.

As for the Mac, other than they suck, I can not bring myself to support Al Gore by purchasing a product from a company that has him on the Board of Directors. You know a company has to have something seriously wrong with them to have him as one of their leaders. Of course, I guess I should give him the credit he is due for inventing the internet and global warming.

Just want to plug in that Linux sucks to.

Also, for anyone exploring the world of AJAX, do not try to use any of the open source AJAX crap coming out of Microsoft. Buggy, buggy, buggy. Another reason I am not big on open source is because you get everyone elses bugs.