AR Lower *Something different!*

Caster

I was web-shopping around, looking at AR lowers. Is there anything different? I mean, skulls and zombies are cool, but I already have one. Seekins has a billet lower that is super cool looking but it's $300. Yikes!!!

NodakSpud has some interesting Old School options as well as a flat dark earth mated pair (upper and lower) that I really like.

PlumCrazy is supposed to have the polymer lower, but they are shifty people.:)

I google for maybe 10 minutes and I get fed up. I'm not good on digging around. I'd rather look dumb and ask.:)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PlumCrazy is supposed to have the polymer lower, but they are shifty people.:hiding:

What does "supposed to have", and "shifty people" mean?

I know of several hundred out there in use, and haven't heard of anything bad out of them.

Well "From what I've read", and that's worth less that ink it takes to post this reply:D there's been some issues getting orders filled. They are on back order with no word on a date. Some folks have had customer service issues.

I mean come on, I read it on the interwebz so it's gotta be true. I have not read one report about quality issues though. They appear to be very well made.

Well "From what I've read", and that's worth less that ink it takes to post this reply:D there's been some issues getting orders filled. They are on back order with no word on a date. Some folks have had customer service issues.

I mean come on, I read it on the interwebz so it's gotta be true. I have not read one report about quality issues though. They appear to be very well made.

Gotcha... could be. If you want a contact for the guy I got mine from, I think last time we talked he had some in stock and ready to ship.

I haven't decided yet. It would be fun to build on one of those and see just how light of a rifle you could build.

Agreed! I think I am going to just pick up a DPMS upper for mine and see how I like it, then maybe do a lightweight build.

You know, other than Colt, it's hard to find a pencil profiled barrel. For an ultralight weight build, the pencil barrel really shaves weight. I want to see just how light I can build one, I think the wife would love that.

A: Daniel Defense has some really good pencil barrels for the money.

B: Careful with the billet lowers idea. They look really neat, but LPK fitting doesn't always go so great. Id just get a lower from a reputable company and do something custom to it if you want something "different."

Daniel Defense, copy that. Thanks.

I won't be blowing that kind of $$$ on a lower, but the poly lower with a pencil barrel and trimmest of the trim for parts sounds cool. I did some reading at Barfcom about super ultra light weight builds. I have some ideas now.