Any Taurus TCP Owners?

Guest raflomo

Guest raflomo

Just wondering what your thoughts are on it?I am considering getting a little pocket gun and have narrowed it down to this or a LCP.The TCP looks kinder on larger hands although it isn't a range gun for me, I need all I can get.If you don't mind just share your thoughts and help me make my mind up...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife carries one everyday. It has never jammed and at 7 feet it hits what you point at. She actually uses the the little PDA looking holster it came with. Works for her.

Bad side is, it's not reloader friendly. the unsupported chamber that allows it to feed so well leaves a nasty bulge on the brass. That really a non issue though because you'd have to be nutz to shoot it in volume.

I give it two thumbs up.

Have one and its great for its purpose . 2-3" groups at 7-10 yds .Mine shoots a bit low but knowing the sweet spot to aim it does fine. Zero malfunctions to date . It's not a pleasure shooter recoil is harsh .but I don't ever plan on putting 100 rds through it one day ever again .Makes for a very sore hand later .

Might want to look for serial number ending in "A" other lots were spotty in build quality with multiple problems. Since the gun has been out a while maybe they fixed the bugs I don't know.

Edited by Mad_Squirrell

I have a Taurus TCP, Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec P3AT, and have shot a Kahr p380 quite a lot. The Taurus TCP that I have works 100%, and I have shot about 60 rounds through it. No problems. I have always had good luck with Taurus firearms. All four of these firearms will work fine. But sometimes you get a lemon in any brand. Personally, for my first 380 firearm, I would buy one based on the customer service record. Ruger and Kel-Tec seem to do better with customer service. And that's good, just in case you get one of those lemons.

I have a TCP and love. It is a "A" number and I haven`t had a problem with it. I did a few mods after I got it to clean up some rough edges to help in the action. The recoil is a bit snappy but not bad for a small gun. I carry in a pocket holster in front pocket and don`t even know it`s there. If you have any questions on this gun go to; www.taurusarmed.net There is a lot of info here for all Taurus owners and the 738 has been one of the main topics and about every questions has been answered there. Good Luck

I had a tcp which jammed constantly. Sent it back to the factory twice and they never got it right. Also had a taurus j frame and a 709 slim and had problems with both of those. I no longer own any taurus and will not again. Presently have an lcp and after one jam on the first mag, never had another problem with it. I am now considering the Ruger lc9 for just a little more bang and cheaper ammo.

Edited by bluemailman53

I've got a TCP and 709. Both are fun to shoot and very reliable. I reload both calibers and have no issue with bulged brass. I did a little filing on the TCP extractor per the suggestions over on the TaurusArmed forum. The nose of the extractor was kind of long and was leaving some gouges on the brass. That's no longer an issue. No problem putting 100 rounds thru either one while at the range. Surprisingly, I found the recoil of the 709 to be much less than a similar KelTec 9mm.

Guest raflomo

Are the sizes of the lcp and the tcp similar ? I ask this because that was also a thought.My b-I-l has a tcp and I have held once but not shot it. With my big hands , it felt tolerable.

Are the sizes of the lcp and the tcp similar ? I ask this because that was also a thought.My b-I-l has a tcp and I have held once but not shot it. With my big hands , it felt tolerable.

They're almost exactly the same size. The only difference I could tell was the TCP seems to be just a little bit wider in the grip than the LCP. Seems a little easier to get a good grip on than the LCP (in my hands).