poll on Illinois right to carry

Guest jackdog

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TN.Frank

Looks like most of the people taking the poll have no foggy clue. It wouldn't make one wits difference if it was harder to get a gun, the nut job would have simply bought one out of the trunk of a car. Laws won't stop stuff like this, armed citizens will.

<TABLE class=pollstableborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4><TBODY><TR><TD class=sectiontableheader colSpan=2>poll.png </TD><TD>The NIU shooting makes me think...</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=sectiontableentry2><TD width="100%" colSpan=2>That we should make it still harder to get a gun. </TD></TR><TR class=sectiontableentry2><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=sectiontableentry2><TD align=right width=25>39719 </TD><TD align=left width=2></TD><TD align=left width=30>63.6% </TD><TD align=left width=300>

blank.png

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=sectiontableentry1><TD width="100%" colSpan=2>That maybe Illinois should be a concealed carry state. </TD></TR><TR class=sectiontableentry1><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=sectiontableentry1><TD align=right width=25>22660 </TD><TD align=left width=2></TD><TD align=left width=30>36.3% </TD><TD align=left width=300>

blank.png

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=sectiontableentry2><TD width="100%" colSpan=2>That our law shouldn't change. </TD></TR><TR class=sectiontableentry2><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=sectiontableentry2><TD align=right width=25>82 </TD><TD align=left width=2></TD><TD align=left width=30>0.1% </TD><TD align=left width=300>

blank.png

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pretty obvious people who use this website and others do not want conceal carry. It is their state and their right to choose I guess.

I also guess a lot of this attitude comes from the local media in Chicago being liberal, King Richard's anti gun stance, and having it constantly blasted into your brain that guns are bad.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Guest jackdog

Well there are a lot of brainwashed people up in Illinois. Guess if RKBA and self defense are important to you, moving from that state may be the only answer.

Well there are a lot of brainwashed people up in Illinois. Guess if RKBA and self defense are important to you, moving from that state may be the only answer.

I was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago......left to come here with my parents (who were born and raised in WVA) in 1990. I absolutely hated Illinois and am so glad to be here now. I carried often in IL even though it wasn't legal.....luckily I never had to use my weapon, or I imagine I would have been in some serious legal trouble (I always figured better legal trouble than dead). I wonder what would have happened if say a teacher at N IL U were carrying (illegally) when that shooter started firing and took him out? I bet those people in IL are so screwed up that they would charge the teacher with murder.......I believe that here in TN, even though it's not legal to carry at school, that teacher would have been "excused" for the illegal carry and patted on the back for taking the shooter out. I think the people in IL are so far gone there's nothing we'll ever be able to do to change their minds....but I know we have to keep trying :D Anyway....going to the poll right now.

Guest bkelm18
I was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago......left to come here with my parents (who were born and raised in WVA) in 1990. I absolutely hated Illinois and am so glad to be here now. I carried often in IL even though it wasn't legal.....luckily I never had to use my weapon, or I imagine I would have been in some serious legal trouble (I always figured better legal trouble than dead). I wonder what would have happened if say a teacher at N IL U were carrying (illegally) when that shooter started firing and took him out? I bet those people in IL are so screwed up that they would charge the teacher with murder.......I believe that here in TN, even though it's not legal to carry at school, that teacher would have been "excused" for the illegal carry and patted on the back for taking the shooter out. I think the people in IL are so far gone there's nothing we'll ever be able to do to change their minds....but I know we have to keep trying :D Anyway....going to the poll right now.

I believe TN has a provision stating that even if you are carrying illegally and you use it in justifiable self defense or in defense of another, you won't be charged.

I believe TN has a provision stating that even if you are carrying illegally and you use it in justifiable self defense or in defense of another, you won't be charged.

T.C.A. 39-17-1322

A person shall not be charged with or convicted of a violation under this part if the person possessed, displayed or employed a handgun in justifiable self-defense or in justifiable defense of another during the commission of a crime in which that person or the other person defended was a victim.

Guest jackdog

I spent quite some time in the Chicago area, My wife was born there as were two of my

sons. Thank god we got outback in the early 80's. Have not been back since and try to avoid even driving through Illinios

Well there are a lot of brainwashed people up in Illinois.
The people of IL deserve everything they get.

Wow… glad to see all the love for our brothers and sisters in Illinois.

<O:p</O:p

As typical liberals do they worded the poll to get the results they want. However… if you look at the results 21% want concealed carry in Illinois, and only .1% think the laws should stay the way they are. I submit that the 21% number is as high or higher than you would see in Tennessee if HCP were put to a vote.

The people of the state of Illinois need our help; and I would ask that you give it. This isn’t about rights; it is about privileges you can buy from the state. Ignorance of the issues always gets in the way. When you turn this into a “rights†issue or a 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment debate; the battle is over. Tennessee does not recognize the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment anymore than Illinois. 97% of the residents of Tennessee can’t legally carry a firearm in public and none of them can carry in a school. The results of a school shooting here would be no different here than they were in Illinois or Virginia.

Illinois (and other states) want the same privileges that you have here. Privileges that come from your state legislators; not any right. The 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment is a battle that needs to be fought; but it is totally separate from a handgun carry permit. Please don’t tie the two together, and please don’t think that your legislature is recognizing a right. It isn’t a right in this state and could change at anytime.

Before I voted in the poll, I went to the Options/Privacy section in IE and blocked cookies from the WGN site. I will continue to vote in favor of carry laws for the communist state of Illinois every few minutes. I only have to vote 98383 times to make it 50/50.:D

Edited by TerryW
Guest canynracer

<TABLE class=pollstableborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4><TBODY><TR><TD class=sectiontableheader colSpan=2>poll.png </TD><TD>The NIU shooting makes me think...</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=sectiontableentry2><TD width="100%" colSpan=2>That we should make it still harder to get a gun. </TD></TR><TR class=sectiontableentry2><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=sectiontableentry2><TD align=right width=25>132814 </TD><TD align=left width=2></TD><TD align=left width=30>79.4% </TD><TD align=left width=300>

blank.png

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=sectiontableentry1><TD width="100%" colSpan=2>That maybe Illinois should be a concealed carry state. </TD></TR><TR class=sectiontableentry1><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=sectiontableentry1><TD align=right width=25>34356 </TD><TD align=left width=2></TD><TD align=left width=30>20.5% </TD><TD align=left width=300>

blank.png

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=sectiontableentry2><TD width="100%" colSpan=2>That our law shouldn't change. </TD></TR><TR class=sectiontableentry2><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=sectiontableentry2><TD align=right width=25>170 </TD><TD align=left width=2></TD><TD align=left width=30>0.1% </TD><TD align=left width=300>

blank.png

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalldark>Number of Voters </TD><TD class=smalldark>: 167340 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smalldark>First Vote </TD><TD class=smalldark>: Friday, 15 February 2008 15:10 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smalldark>Last Vote </TD><TD class=smalldark>: Sunday, 17 February 2008 08:56 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

poor poor bastards....

I am doing the cookie ting too...I will see what I can do....

Those Azzholes have the poll rigged! Big surprise! Every single vote for the right to carry is opposed, vote for vote!?!? The losers that would vote against the RTC probably don't own computers. I have a home in Chicago and it pisses me off to no end that I can't protect myself, in my home, in a city that has such a high crime rate! A gun in hand is much better than a cop on the phone!:D

It doesn't matter. There is only one opinion in Il that matters and that is Richard Daly's. If Daly wants concealed carry, the state will get it.

I agree the people there bear their own responsibility for the way things are. Chicago controls the state. They can either throw off the yoke of their colonial masters or move.

Before I voted in the poll, I went to the Options/Privacy section in IE and blocked cookies from the WGN site. I will continue to vote in favor of carry laws for the communist state of Illinois every few minutes. I only have to vote 98383 times to make it 50/50.:D

Why do you think the antis are doing so well? They know the options too!

Guest jackdog

Honestly I would say it's got a great deal to do with Chicago politics and mayor dip squat. You get out of Cook county and most people are pro gun, however theirs a lot of people in Chicago. Besides the bad guys are voting with the anti gun crowd for their own self defense. Hey they got a good thing going just as they do in D.C.