10/22 Scope

RotorHead

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kilo33

I like using a 4 power adjustable, with red/green mildots. Might be kind of hard finding one for under $50. You might be able to find one this weekend at the gun show for about $60 from the Tapco guy named ken.

I stuck a very old scope on mine that was 2-4.5 power and its good to 100 yards or so. I would say try to get a used cheapo from someone here, maybe one that came with a trade or something, rather than a new rock bottom chinese offbrand. I honesty couldnt recommend anything new in that price range out of fear it would fog up or lose zero or something.

I stuck a couple of Bushnell 3-9 x 32 .22 Rimfire scopes on my two 10/22's about a year, year and half ago. They were under $40 each delivered, at the time through Amazon. They even came with tip off rings; I use those on one gun, but a set of see throughs on the other.

They've done very nicely. Certainly my rifles, with only Volquartsen hammer modifications, can't even use all the scopes' precision, and they stay well zeroed between range trips. They're nice in that a 50 yard zero also allows use of the bottom ^ of the reticule where it fattens up as 122.5 yard sight (that's our "100 yard" distance at the Norris range I shoot at the most).

- OS

Guest Broomhead

Leaper 5th Gen Bug Buster 3-9 x 32mm AO Mini Rifle Scope SCP-M392AOMDL FREE S&H SCP-M392AOMDL. Leapers UTG Riflescopes, Leapers Riflescopes.

I love mine. Good construction and quality, fantastic accuracy, nice features, compact size. It's a tad over $50, but with free shipping. I just bought my 2nd Leapers scope and I'm very satisfied with it as well. I would recommend their whole line of scopes.

Thanks for alll the replies. I plan on using this gun at the range, and maybe some small game hunting. I haven't owned a semi-automatic rifle of any type before and have never used a schoped rifle so this will be a learning process.

I have a Simmons (3-9x32) that works pretty well. It's in your price range too.

Amazon.com: Simmons Truplex .22 Mag Riflescope (3-9X32, Matte): Sports & Outdoors

But the Bushnell that OhShoot mentioned would be a good choice also. Maybe better.

Simmons and Tasco in same range should be essentially the same and seem to get similar reviews. I just haven't owned either, so couldn't personally recommend. Erik's new Simmons seemed to do nicely at the 50 yard range where we zeroed it last week.

- OS

Is the Bushnell made anymore? Every site that carried it, even the Bushnell site says out or stock or no longer available. Will probably try to find the Simmons.

Oh wow...yeah, something seems to have changed with their line, not sure what's up. This is the model that has been available 'bout everywhere for last couple years, but no more, seems:

Amazon.com: Bushnell .22 Rimfire 3-9x32 Riflescope (Black): Sports & Outdoors

31E5ZRBGZ1L._SS500_.jpg

Might want to go to Bushnell site and see what they are making for .22.

- OS