Music City Showdown GSSF May 21-22

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found out that my horrible shooting performance in the GSSF match in Griffin, GA resulted in a NIB Glock pistol being awarded by a random drawing! For all those that are looking for a possible free firearm or money, the GSSF match is the way to go!

Sorry Greg, Matt, and Chip....LOL

Edited by HOGNUT
smack talk
I just found out that my horrible shooting performance in the GSSF match in Griffin, GA resulted in a NIB Glock pistol being awarded by a random drawing! For all those that are looking for a possible free firearm or money, the GSSF match is the way to go!

Sorry Greg, Matt, and Chip....LOL

Great. That is just what you need, another pistol that you cannot shoot.

Good news!!! I received word from Glock that we are starting off good on entries. The more entries that there is, the more pistols, money, and Glock items will be given away as random prices. If you are planning to come out, you better get there early on either day.

Borrowing Glocks......I think not. Renting them maybe for the right price....lol

Standard renting fee: if you win a Glock I get it at half price. Nevermind I have 19 Glocks already with two more by the end of the month....plus another random drawing I hope.

G34 can be shot in 2 divisions: Competition and Unlimited. Tell me the divisions you want to shoot and I will look over the inventory.

G34 can be shot in 2 divisions: Competition and Unlimited. Tell me the divisions you want to shoot and I will look over the inventory.

Perhaps I misspoke...The match registration form does have the G34 listed in 2 places (Amatuer & Master Competition and Master Unlimited)...like you said. I disregarded the Master division, b/c I figured I'd only look silly for paying $25 to shoot in it ;).

BTW...do you really have 19 Glocks or are you kidding?

• 3 weeks later...

Everything is set for the match:

• The food vendor will be Tater Shack in Dickson. They will be serving cheeseburgers/hamburgers/BBQ, drinks, cole slaw, baked beans, etc. All prices will be extremely reasonable.
  • Nashville Sporting Arms will have all of the 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP you can shoot. They also will have 10mm and 357 Sig for those exotic choices. Holsters and Glock magazines to purchase if needed.
  • There will be another table setup for shooting bags, range needs, etc.

We really hope to see you there at the range!

Ebow1 come out this weekend. "To observe". But bring you stuff, you will want to shoot. Everyone will make you feel comfortable and welcome.

I will be there both days at GSSF. Find me and introduce yourself.

I'll be on the plate rack stage on the other side.

Edited by Mechanic_X
How to find me

From the GSSF website; Suggested Ammunition Amounts We recommend that you bring a minimum of 150 rounds for each division you intend to shoot.

Another place says bring 100 rounds per entry.

Looking at the courses of fire--it doesn't look like there will be any reloading on the clock. Holster is optional to. All start from low ready. They(Glock)have it set up for carrying your glock in a range bag or "Glock box". Holster is OK but it must be empty and slide back. Which seems like it would make it not holster well.

I'm sure someone can correct me if wrong or add to if I have missed.

Glock Sport Shooting Foundation

Guest rebeldrummer

Man I really want to start shooting in these matches....how close do they come to Maryville/Knoxville?

Mechanic-So even if I don't have a Glock I can come up there and shoot what I do have?

If so, do yall have those tree targets with the 6 little targets on 'em that go from one side to the other so me and a buddy can see how much better of a shot I am then him?

Also, I'll be the voluntarily bald guy.

Mechanic-So even if I don't have a Glock I can come up there and shoot what I do have?

If so, do yall have those tree targets with the 6 little targets on 'em that go from one side to the other so me and a buddy can see how much better of a shot I am then him?

Also, I'll be the voluntarily bald guy.

Glocks only.

Sorry no.

?????

I'll be there to observe. I'm not a Glock owner, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to watcha few shooting competitions if I ever decide to get involved in them.

Ebow1 come out this weekend. "To observe". But bring you stuff, you will want to shoot. Everyone will make you feel comfortable and welcome.

Glocks only.

I am confused, you make it sound as though I can come shoot, without having a Glock, and then say Glocks only. I was initially under the assumption it was Glock only since this thing is being put on by Glock. That's why I was planning on just watching.