Belleville Boots

Guest nicemac

Guest nicemac

Anyone have experience with Belleville or Tactical Research Boots? I am tired of work boots that are uncomfortable and don't last. I was up near Fort Know last weekend and saw a soldier in the checkout line in front of me at Lowe's. He had on what looked like athletic shoes that were boots. He raved about them– how great they were. They were made by Belleville. Before I plop down over a hundred bucks, thought I would toss it out to see if any of you know anything about them.

I have had the Tractor Supply stuff. Not looking for recommendations for other brands, just feedback on Belleville/ Tactical Research.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bellville makes issue boots and one that are sold at the PX that are a different model. The issue boots are OK. But the upgrades are better.

I wear the Danner FX which is like wearing a sport shoe. Converse also makes a very lightweight good wearing boot.

Make sure you try on what you get, sizes are different from pair to pair even if they are the same size.

What size do you wear? I have a few issue NIB Black Leather Isuue and the tan desert issue on hand.

Edited by R1100R
Guest id1228

My dad used to work for Timberland until they closed up shop in TN, in 1996. That year he and the plant manager started their own company doing repairs for all the off shore plants since almost none are made in America anymore. They started doing contract repairs directly for the manufacturers. Quantities of 10,000+ pairs at a time. They come over on a boat from China and when they get here the companies discover that nearly every pair has a flaw (or is molded!). They've fixed thousands of pairs of Timberlands, Rocky, Danner, Tommy Hilfiger, Bass, etc. The list would literally go on for hours.

Long story short... they now make their own brand of leather boots, several styles, several colors. If you give them a try you will not be disappointed. They are the real deal. 100% Made in USA (Mountain City, TN). Waterproof, insulated, etc.

AFBOOTS - Allegiance Footwear

Sorry for the sales pitch but I'd be remiss if I passed up the opportunity to tell you about them.

Bellville makes multiple models of boots for the military: for foot soldiers, steel toe, aircrew approved, winter weight, summer weight, etc. I've been issued black, tan, and green Bellvilles. All solid and held up well but not lightweight. Sorry, haven't tried the ones that are like athletic shoes.

I googled it and see no claim that they are made in the USA. Why buy them? Buy American! They are out there.

I bought a pair of Thorogood boots a couple of months ago. Made in Wisconsin, I wear them every day for work and they show virtually no wear on the sole so far. The uppers are holding up real well. If they do not last two years I will be very surpised.

Ain't buying any more Chinese crap. I will do without first.

Edited by Mike.357

Yeah, I've been patronizing Indonesia, VietNam, Japan, and Taiwan more lately. :)

Except for Boker Magnum knives ... made in China and excellent.

You used to be in the golf biz...you know that the best and most expensive golf clubs have been made in China for about 20 years now, yes?

I understand your political bent, but "made in China" doesn't simply equal "crap" for a good long while now. It's all dependent on the specs supplied to the manufacturer there ... Chinese industry can tool up for pretty much anything made.

- OS

by "crap" i just meant products made there, not a reflection on the quality.

My first goal in a purchase is made in USA stuff, I will consider other countries after there are no USA options. China, well not at all. I will do without.

And back to Belleville boots, I read they are miltary quality or whatever. I work on a concrete floor. I wonder of military style boots are built for use on concrete or dirt/grass. It would definitly affect the durability of the soles.

Edited by Mike.357
by "crap" i just meant products made there, not a reflection on the quality.

My first goal in a purchase is made in USA stuff, I will consider other countries after there are no USA options. China, well not at all. I will do without.

I've about come full circle on all that. If our government remains too stupid to allow US industry to compete, I ain't gonna change it by buying nothing from abroad.

Plus, there are plenty of US jobs dependent on our buying foreign goods, and plenty dependent on Chinese goods specifically. Maybe as many as are lost from production, for all I know.

- OS

Guest nicemac
I googled it and see no claim that they are made in the USA. Why buy them? Buy American! They are out there.

I bought a pair of Thorogood boots a couple of months ago. Made in Wisconsin, I wear them every day for work and they show virtually no wear on the sole so far. The uppers are holding up real well. If they do not last two years I will be very surpised.

I want the best product, regardless of where it is made. I am all for supporting American business, but we are in a global economy. Ford is made in Mexico, Honda is made in Ohio.I have a terrific heavy-duty Jet table saw. Jet is headquartered in Lavergne, TN–corporate offices and distribution center. Everything they sell is manufactured in China. Exactly what is an American company these days?

If you are not going to buy foreign goods, good luck finding a new computer, cell phone, tv, etc… Oh, don't eat sugar, drink coffee or eat bananas either.

Unless you completely isolate yourself from the outside world, you can't buy only American made goods.

... Oh, don't eat sugar, drink coffee or eat bananas either.

Unless you completely isolate yourself from the outside world, you can't buy only American made goods.

Pretty much my sentiments.

It's ironic that America has been hooked on tea and coffee since day 1. Even "isolationists" use them.

- OS

I have the Tactical Research boots...actually wearing a pair now. Comfortable but they don't seem to hold up very well. Another option is to try to find a Oakley Vault store. I've had secveral pairs of Oakley boots that lasted quite a while. I was able to pickup 175.00 boots for 75.00 at a Vault location. Oakley Vault is basically Oakely's outlet stores that sell overstock from other locations.

Guest nicemac
I have the Tactical Research boots...actually wearing a pair now. Comfortable but they don't seem to hold up very well. Another option is to try to find a Oakley Vault store. I've had secveral pairs of Oakley boots that lasted quite a while. I was able to pickup 175.00 boots for 75.00 at a Vault location. Oakley Vault is basically Oakely's outlet stores that sell overstock from other locations.

Exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks!