First part breakage - XD (~6K rd)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pins Jason! I attempted to install one at the range when the temporary roll-pin I had installed began to back out... I couldn't get enough oomph on the pin to engage all the way, I think perhaps the hole isn't tapered, but has a step. Back to waiting for the factory roll-pins.

Well, I got creative just now and re-attempted to fit the nice pins that Jason made me... since the lower portion of the hole is narrower than the upper, I chucked the pin in the drill and lathed the tip to a slightly more aggressive taper until it would start... then tapped it in easy as pie. It fits in very tightly, and should hold up alot better than any roll-pin.

The gun resets properly now. I think that did it, finally.

when I do shoot it the only cleaning I do is what I can reach through the ejection port and I ream out the barrel. I have about 1700 rounds through it I think and have only taken it all the way down one time. I think that was at about 1000 rounds or so.

Definitely clunky for sure. But inexpensive and reliable. Doubt I will ever sell it off. I would not get enough for it to make it worthwhile.

:) sorry

Lessons learned:

1. You CAN dry-fire too much

Absolutely you can. Many people have explained that many times but people still want to do it.

I guess its good that you now know not to do that, especially with a carry weapon.

I always try to make a “note to self†when I see the guys that post that they dry fire their weapons thousands of times while watching TV…… “Note to self; don’t buy a gun from this guy you do not plan on overhauling.†:D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mc30707

The only changes I've made to my XD 9 are the Don's guide rod and a 20# recoil spring. Not sure why you need it but everyone on the XD forum reccomends it. 1 pc SS vs 2 pc & 2 springs.

I've got a Wolf rod and 21# spring... I don't use it, however, I didn't care for the recoil caracteristics with it installed. Aside from polishing the striker engagement face and sear, the XD-357 is bone stock now... I put the factory striker spring in now, even.

Guest db99wj
:D I think that encompasses 95% of message boards. "I don't know what it does differently, but these guys told me to get it, so I got it! I'm happy now! I think. Wait, wtf."

Baaaaaaaaa.