101 members have voted

1. 1. how do you carry ?

• locked cocked and ready to rock
    • full mag but not chambered

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually carry unchambered but full mag in places where I know it isn't a bad part of town , but if I ever have to go to bad places, I carry it chambered and loaded rdy to fire. Plus, it's an incentive to know it cannot accidentally go off as well.

Guest TNDixieGirl
There is no "Locked" on my Kahr...but I carry chambered and ready to fire

Same for my Sigma. If it accidentally goes off, it's cause someone was pulling pretty darn hard on the trigger.

Guest tcampbell
I usually carry unchambered but full mag in places where I know it isn't a bad part of town , but if I ever have to go to bad places, I carry it chambered and loaded rdy to fire. Plus, it's an incentive to know it cannot accidentally go off as well.

The best safety is your finger...keep it off the trigger until you are ready to fire. If your gun goes off accidentally without you pulling the trigger, then your gun has some issues. I always carry my SA chambered...the BG isn't gonna give me time to rack it and besides...bad things can and will happen in the good part of town as well..look at how murfeeboro and symrna is getting to be.

to know it cannot accidentally go off as well.

impossible for this action to happen. No point in carrying a gun that's not chambered and ready to go. Murphys law will happen here. you will need it and either forget to chamber the round or you will not have time to chamber the round before a BG is on top of you.

As a cure for your fear of this I suggest you carry around your house 24/7 over the weekend (unloaded if you must) and you will see(most likely) that the gun did not go off on its own.

God, this is an irritating topic.

As Brian says, there is no "locked" on a Glock. And the "keep your finger off the trigger" thing always makes my mind reel and my stomach churn that anyone uses that excuse for an engineered in lack of safety. Been over that enough times.

There are at least three missing options. One is the Glock way of cocked, chambered and no way to make it safe. The other is chambered and either cocked but not locked or de-cocked but with a DA option - which I prefer. And also DAO.

Guest GLOCKGUY

who said i just carry a glock ?????????????????????? and i know a glock wont lock this is about what you carry not if you carry a glock

Edited by GLOCKGUY
Guest GLOCKGUY

what about the shooting a O'charleys it was a good part of town and do you really think the bad guys just stay in the bad parts of town

who said i just carry a glock ??????????????????????

No one that I see. But you still left out a bunch of options.

And also note that I did not say that a Glock is a lousy gun. It's a very good gun for duty side carry, except in a 40 S&W with other than standard ammunition - GLOCKGUY....

Guest GLOCKGUY
No one that I see. But you still left out a bunch of options.

And also note that I did not say that a Glock is a lousy gun. It's a very good gun for duty side carry, except in a 40 S&W with other than standard ammunition - GLOCKGUY....

this is the other gun i carry so yes i carry it locked cocked and ready to rock and what did i leave out its ether chambered or not ?

12495_Kimber4_1.jpg

this is the other gun i carry so yes i carry it locked cocked and ready to rock and what did i leave out its ether chambered or not ?

12495_Kimber4_1.jpg

A 1911 is a very good handgun, particularly with proper ammunition for close range as in self-defense, as long as it is a reliable one. But I'd carry it chambered, cocked and unlocked. I've been doing this for a while and all my handguns are always ready to fire, without having to remember in an adrenalin flow to disengage the safety.

The most questionable handgun I carry, in this regard, is my H&K P7M8. It requires you to both squeeze the grip and pull the trigger. But, it doesn't make any difference which order you do those two things. It goes bang either way and you will automatically do both. I claim it it is the best IWB CC handgun ever designed.

Guest GLOCKGUY
A 1911 is a very good handgun, particularly with proper ammunition for close range as in self-defense, as long as it is a reliable one. But I'd carry it chambered, cocked and unlocked. I've been doing this for a while and all my handguns are always ready to fire, without having to remember in an adrenalin flow to disengage the safety.

The most questionable handgun I carry, in this regard, is my H&K P7M8. It requires you to both squeeze the grip and pull the trigger. But, it doesn't make any difference which order you do those two things. It goes bang either way and you will automatically do both. I claim it it is the best IWB CC handgun ever designed.

believe me Ive had allot of work done on this gun when i first bought it it jambed all the time :mad: ill carry it every ounces in a while but most of the time i carry my trusted GLOCK :D

ill carry it every ounces in a while but most of the time i carry my trusted GLOCK :D

One born every minute. :D: devil: :mad:

Only real problems with a Glock are in using non-standard ammo (kaboom) and pretending that it is somehow safe when it isn't (with a lot of evidence to show that). Glocks just require more discipline. It should be marketed as a professional duty weapon rather than as a public carry weapon. It is a very good duty weapon. It is a very poor public carry weapon.

Guest GLOCKGUY

Only real problems with a Glock are in using non-standard ammo (kaboom) and pretending that it is somehow safe when it isn't (with a lot of evidence to show that). Glocks just require more discipline. It should be marketed as a professional duty weapon rather than as a public carry weapon. It is a very good duty weapon. It is a very poor public carry weapon.

well i dont carry or in that matter use cheap ammo . so what do you use for carry ????

I have been carrying my XD-9 without one in the chamber, but that is because I just got my HCP a few weeks ago and I wanted to get comfortable with carrying, holstering, handling, etc. I think I have built up enough muscle memory, and built some good habits that I am ready to go hot.

Guest canynracer

I gotta ask, cause I dont know...and I am still learning so please dont make this a battle...

what is the difference between a glock and my kahr...or my sigma, I dont have safeties on either.

I am just wondering why Glock seem to be singled out...not by you, so please dont take offense, but in general, it seems they are singled out because of the lack of saftey device, arent there alot of pistols that do not have saftey devices?