Goodman's Gun Show this weekend @ Fairgrounds

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went this morning before noon. Not a big crowd. A few new gun vendors were there that I haven't seen at BG's. Seemed t be more knife vendors this time.

Thought I'd write down some advertised specials,

XD40 -$450.

Taurus Millennium - $375.

LCP - $280

SW40 or 9 - $295.

SR9 or LCR - $419

LCR - $379

Bersa Thunder - $260.

P32 - $220.

No big ammo buys but I bought 500 rounds of Remminton and 100 rounds of Winchester's in a mix of .380/.38/9mm for $17. per box with tax.

I had to work but I only work a few miles away so I went at lunch not much to see did buy a French 1936 MAS for $150 with a box of ammo to go with my other WWII rifles. Also got to hold a Johnson Automatic rifle from WWII very neat you don't see those every day.

Did anyone notice the signs on the table about background checks? Apparently if you buy a gun off of a table (even if they aren't a FFL dealer), you have to pay for a background check. If they keep that up it will probably be my last time attending that show. We have enough draconian gun laws without promoters making up their own!

Did anyone notice the signs on the table about background checks? Apparently if you buy a gun off of a table (even if they aren't a FFL dealer), you have to pay for a background check. If they keep that up it will probably be my last time attending that show. We have enough draconian gun laws without promoters making up their own!

Not possible.

TBI will not do a background check without going through a dealer. We have accounts we set up and such for billing. Individuals and non-dealers cannot have an account for background checks.

Anything else is a scam.

thats right but in todays world of lawsuits thats not a bad idea.most of the dealers will do that for you for a few bucks . i think bloomburg scared goodman a little could be worse though as i understand it some gunshow promotors are now requiring anyone that has a table with guns on it to have an ffl

• 2 weeks later...
thats right but in todays world of lawsuits thats not a bad idea.most of the dealers will do that for you for a few bucks . i think bloomburg scared goodman a little could be worse though as i understand it some gunshow promotors are now requiring anyone that has a table with guns on it to have an ffl

Your thought may have some merit. As I was walking into the last Goodman show,

I overheard two gents talking. One asked the other about his gun ( for sale,trade, etc).

One replied he couldn't talk to him there, Goodman wouldn't allow it, or some words

to that effect. Guess things are tightening up in that regard. The guys were standing

just outside the entrance door.

Likely each show has it's own rules. Sales among law abiding individuals, are still legal,

as far as I know. Have seen some post signs requiring sales outside to be (?) ft.

away from the door.

Bottom line, their show, their rules. take it or leave it. Bowing to pressure?

no from what i gather if you rent a table and sell guns you must do a background check as i dont sell guns i dont know much about it .i have talked to some folks who were warned by atf that they needed to stay away from selling at gunshows or get a license.i dont think its goodman as much as said goverment agency rip to tn hurt every body that wants to sell there gun

Guest coldblackwind
Your thought may have some merit. As I was walking into the last Goodman show,

I overheard two gents talking. One asked the other about his gun ( for sale,trade, etc).

One replied he couldn't talk to him there, Goodman wouldn't allow it, or some words

to that effect. Guess things are tightening up in that regard. The guys were standing

just outside the entrance door.

Likely each show has it's own rules. Sales among law abiding individuals, are still legal,

as far as I know. Have seen some post signs requiring sales outside to be (?) ft.

away from the door.

Bottom line, their show, their rules. take it or leave it. Bowing to pressure?

Goodman won't let you sell by the door simply because you are in everyone's way in the highest traffic area of the show, which is a good policy. Not sure if that's what they were talking about as I wasn't there, but I've had to move away from the door some on multiple occasions as people walking in ask about something I've been carrying around or vise versa. They WILL say something to you if you are too close to their door.

Goodman won't let you sell by the door simply because you are in everyone's way in the highest traffic area of the show, which is a good policy. Not sure if that's what they were talking about as I wasn't there, but I've had to move away from the door some on multiple occasions as people walking in ask about something I've been carrying around or vise versa. They WILL say something to you if you are too close to their door.

Likely that was the case. The door has gotten crowded at times. I just posted what this guy said. Didn't ask why. Regardless, you can just walk a few feet away.

Guest 556or762

I guess I am asking a dumb question but are you sure there is a Goodman show in Nashville this weekend? Gun shows usa.com tn gun show list and Goodmans own site say the next show is May 21-22 I havent seen anything on one this weekend anywhere. I might try to sneak in first thing sun if there is a show but I have to get to On Target in M'boro to help out with the Relay for lIfe shoot there, looking for a big turn out (I hope theres a big turn out Im paying for the grand prize).