WWB .45 ACP

So, a couple weeks ago, I realized that I was getting short on target ammo and decided it would be a good time to go ahead and grab a few more boxes. I stopped by Wal-mart b/c I normally use WWB (USA45AVP) for my cheap target ammo as it is 32.97/100 at Wal-mart, but they were out. Checked back a few days after that and still none. Started calling around to various Wal-marts in my area and they were all out. One guy even offered a story along the lines of Winchester didn't want Wal-mart to sell their WWB b/c Winchester wanted to raise the price but Wal-mart was unwilling or something like that. I decided to check online and found a couple of places, but shipping made it pretty outragous. Finally I called Gander Mountain and they said they had 15 boxes, but they were 59.99/100. I asked them if they price matched, they said yeah, I said I'm on my way. When I got there, the young girl working up front called Wal-mart and the employee quoted a price of 27.79 which works out even better. I ended up buying all 9 boxes that were on the shelf and asked if they had more in the back, lol. Right about that time, the manager? on duty came up front and said that they couldn't price match Wal-mart b/c Wal-mart's prices were too low. She agreed to let me have my ammo since I had already paid for it but said that she wouldn't do it in the future. I asked the cashier if she was going to get in trouble or anything and if she was she could just refund them and I would put them back on the shelf, but she said not to worry about it, so I got 900 rounds of WWB .45 ACP for right around $275. Just thought that was worth sharing.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gander is crazy with their price matching. The say they will match any comeptitors prices, problem is they have very few competitors and most are even higher than Gander. Their nearest competitor is Bass Pro but in most cases they are so close that it is a wash.

Academy Sports was having a sale on thier Stevens 200's (basically a pre accutrigger Savage) for $179. I called Gander to verify they had the same exact guns in stock, which they did. I asked if the price matched and said they would price match any of their competitors. So I told them I woutl be picking up the Stevens because they said they would price match. They asked who the competitor was and I told the Academy Sports. Their response was they can't complete with Academy Sports' low prices so Academy Sports couldn't possibly be a competitor of theirs so they said they would not price match.

Dolomite

Guest mbushell

Not a bad buy....but...

I can make 1000 custom loads for $70 or so. Its why I started reloading and casting. All u ever need to pay for is primer and powder if you are thrifty. No shortage, or price increase will ever affect my shooting, or stockpile either. Shootin 45 for the price of bulk 22 now thats a deal.

Not a bad buy....but...

I can make 1000 custom loads for $70 or so. Its why I started reloading and casting. All u ever need to pay for is primer and powder if you are thrifty. No shortage, or price increase will ever affect my shooting, or stockpile either. Shootin 45 for the price of bulk 22 now thats a deal.

Amen to that brother!