Coal Creek Armory range is down

Guest Engloid

Guest Engloid

...it was as of yesterday. I went and couldn't shoot. If you're going in the next day or two, you may want to call and make sure they got it fixed. They were doing all they could to get it back up, but they didn't say when it would be done.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Engloid
Thanks for the heads up. You wanna get together sometime and hit the Norris Range? FYI im a member at coal creek so if anyone wants to shoot for free(range time) 1 per customer let me know.

I haven't been shooting in quite some time. I have been to the range in Norris a few times in the past, when I lived closer to it.

Give me a shout some weekend and maybe we can go hit up Coal Creek.

Guest Engloid
Any particular reason why CCA is closed?

Equipment failure at the range. I'm not all that familiar with what is at the back of the range, but something filled up with lead, and crashed to the floor.

Maybe they will replace the pulley wires too. Every time I go there it seems like someone's wire breaks and their target falls to the floor. They have to shut down the range and send someone out to retie it. If you look at the wires, you see knot after knot where they've done a quick fix-up. One night it happened three times. Got a little old.

Maybe they will replace the pulley wires too. Every time I go there it seems like someone's wire breaks and their target falls to the floor. They have to shut down the range and send someone out to retie it. If you look at the wires, you see knot after knot where they've done a quick fix-up. One night it happened three times. Got a little old.

:) Yeah the one time I've been there it happened twice. It honestly seems like a bad design.

I was there yesterday morning too. I was really looking forward to shooting.:owned:

I think most of the equipment failure is some of the people there who don't know what the sights are for on their handguns. There always seems to be a lot of rapid fire just before the range master stops everything to repair the Gordian knot cables.

The last time I was their, a family of six came in. As the dad was setting up his target, his six year old daughter swept everyone with a .357 revolver while momma watched with a smile. Luckily, the eight year old boy took the gun away from her. I left immediately after telling Trevor that someone was about to get hurt. I'll only go back when they are really slow.

Guest TargetShooter84

Yeah I remember having alot of problems with the pulley lines when I went there for the first time after purchasing my G19, I think I ended up annoying the guys for help to fix the problem so I havent been back since however I do have one more "Free Range" card left.

Guest Phantom6

I used to have a membership there but you know things ain't right when stuff falls through the ceiling to the floor! Glad no one was standing around when whatever filled up with lead and came through did so. I think the knotted pulleys were simply indicative of a much larger maintenance problem.

I think most of the equipment failure is some of the people there who don't know what the sights are for on their handguns.

Sights are for target shooters and rifles. In defensive shooting practice you don’t use them.

But you aren’t ready for that type of practice if you are shooting down the wires. :lol:

Guest SUNTZU
Sights are for target shooters and rifles. In defensive shooting practice you don’t use them.

But you aren’t ready for that type of practice if you are shooting down the wires. :D

The people I am talking about seem to be timing themselves on how long it takes to empty their magazine. They were blowing holes in the baffles in the ceiling, then the wires fall, it was ridiculous. I guess their defensive shooting practice was against a high rise.:eek:

The people I am talking about seem to be timing themselves on how long it takes to empty their magazine. They were blowing holes in the baffles in the ceiling, then the wires fall, it was ridiculous. I guess their defensive shooting practice was against a high rise.:)

Maybe they were LEO?:rolleyes:

Guest Retch

They were back up on Saturday...hopefully for good.

I have been shooting there twice a week for the past 5-6 weeks and I've never seen any issues at all with the target carriers or any of the equipment. I have seen one or two instances of questionable gun handling by inexperienced shooters. I suspect that's gonna happen at every public range from time to time. The staff seems knowledgable and friendly. Personally I think it's a great place to shoot.