HCP waiting time

Guest TennMan

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mace8924

I callled back today to check on the status of my permit and the lady on the phone told me that they are working on a back log and that it is taking right at 8 weeks for the permits. So tommorrow is the week 5 mark so 3 more to go. HURRY UP!!!!

Guest GUTTERbOY
I callled back today to check on the status of my permit and the lady on the phone told me that they are working on a back log and that it is taking right at 8 weeks for the permits. So tommorrow is the week 5 mark so 3 more to go. HURRY UP!!!!

Nooooooo!!!!!

That means I got about five more. :P

I was wondering what was taking mine so long.

Everything was finished on Feb 3rd and a few guy's at work are shocked i haven't got it yet.

Now i know why, you guy's should have waited your turn until after i got mine so there wouldn't have been a backlog and mine would have already got here. :P

Oh well back to stalking the mailman.:P

Btw: mail just ran for today :mad:

Guest tim99ws6

I called and was told I was approved a while back, but for some reason they had not yet sent it off to be printed. Great. She said on the phone she went ahead and sent it through to the printer and got the "7-14 more days" quote from her. She was actually very helpful! Now at least I know where i stand.

I got the same quote last friday from them.

7 day's is today :cheers:

I feel sorry for the mailman today, i'm liable to run to the mailbox and wait for him when i see him coming.

Heck i might even jump in and start digging thru the mail truck to make sure he didn't lose something important from the bundle. :D

My Bersa is itching for a trip to wallyworld for some nacho's. hehe

Guest canynracer
Well I decided to call back today and plead my case and turn the charm on...and I was asked to fax in my yellow copy of my application and she would push it through.....we'll see.

She will...you will have it in

7-14 days.... LOL :eek::D

yanno if 800 people were not calling them every day wanting to know the status of their application they might be able to finish them in a more timely manner.

At my class we were advised by the instructor to not be calling them unless you had not heard onne way or the other in 90 days. I took his advice and got mine in 31. I really don't think calling would have sped it up any, nor do I think any of you calling helps matters.

yall are worse than a 6 year old waiting on Christmas ,lol

Mike.357 it's easy to say that when you received yours in 31 days. Yes they have "90 days" but why wait 90 days to find out you could've expedited something 30 days prior as my case? Some reason my original application is no where to be found in their system. Everything else has been completed and it's ready to go except they're waiting for that little box to be checked that they have the actual application in their files. So it's easier for them to just wait and see if it turns up somewhere than to try to find out where it went. So since I called in they actually noticed the problem and asked me to fax in my yellow copy so that little box can be checked and the process can be completed. They're very nice ladies over there and were happy to help.

I'm really surprised they take phone calls. If I was in their position, every time someone called they would get put on the bottom of the stack. Or maybe I'd ask them to fax me a photocopy of their butt on a copying machine.

8 weeks and 5 day's later!

The mailman is happy!

No need to stalk him anymore.

Btw: Yes i did phone and talk to a nice helpful lady last friday to check the status. It seem's they are way behind on them and for some reason are holding them without issuing but calling get's it issued if it's approved, but i would highly recommend to be very very very nice to the person on the phone and not to call unless it's been atleast 7 weeks or more. Because they really don't have to bother with us.

For those that are waiting it comes in a white envolope with Tenn Department of safety in a large upper left window of it.

Edited by Tobashadow
Guest tim99ws6
8 weeks and 5 day's later!

The mailman is happy!

No need to stalk him anymore.

Btw: Yes i did phone and talk to a nice helpful lady last friday to check the status. It seem's they are way behind on them and for some reason are holding them without issuing but calling get's it issued if it's approved, but i would highly recommend to be very very very nice to the person on the phone and not to call unless it's been atleast 7 weeks or more. Because they really don't have to bother with us.

For those that are waiting it comes in a white envolope with Tenn Department of safety in a large upper left window of it.

Haha,

yes, I received mine yesterday as well. It was all a bit surreal, as it was the ONLY piece of mail yesterday(not a single credit card offer). Got it, opened it, carried it and the gun to Walmart, became initiated into the TGO family. :confused:

Guest GT_Rat

I still haven't made a Walmart run armed. Guess I haven't passed initiation yet. :D I have gone to a number of other places. Took the wife and kids, my mother, and brother to Cracker Barrel last weekend. Carried all day actually and nobody was ever the wiser. At the end of the day I asked my wife and my brother if they ever noticed it and neither did. It was a good exercise to see how well concealed my CTAC stays. I always feel like I'm continually adjusting my shirt to ensure it stays concealed though. It's probably unneccessary but I'm self-conscious about it. :confused:

Guest GUTTERbOY

Four weeks for me now. :confused:

I think several people I know would be surprised to find out how often I've carried around them. (back when I was an NC resident and permit holder) To my knowledge, I've never been made, and the only person who knew I carried was my roommate- I didn't even tell my parents or brother. I even managed to get away with hugs from my mother.

After a little while, the self-consciousness goes away- you realize that no one is really observant enough to notice except by pure happenstance.

Guest db99wj

In regards to hugs by loved ones that don't know, stay low. In other words, make sure your hands and arms go below their hands and arms, it forces them to go higher on your back.

Guest CrazyLincoln

I just talked to them yesterday, and mine was being issued that day! They lady said it shouldn't take more than a couple days. However, I have never had mail sent in-state take more than a day to arrive, so I should have it today!

EDIT: BTW it took them 41 days to issue mine.

I still haven't made a Walmart run armed. Guess I haven't passed initiation yet.

Carried all day actually and nobody was ever the wiser.

Wal-Mart is actually pretty friendly. Just stay out of the junky stores, like Tuesday Morning. You don't want to go there anyway. First because it's junk and second because you don't want to give your money to idiot gun haters.

As far as people noticing your handgun, they probably won't spot it. You could probably tape it to your forehead and most people wouldn't see it. :up:

Guest atomemphis
Its been about a month since I did the fingerprinting and I've still not gotten it.

hahahahah, good luck buddy - you've got another 2-4 weeks for sure, i'd guess.