HCP waiting time

Guest TennMan

Could be. My buddy went to do his paperwork the same time as I did. When I got up there, the lady was shocked that she had 3 handgun permits in a row. You could have been that first one, as my friend was right before I was. You might go on and give them a call. It never hurts.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Called today to check and it was issued today. Now I get to sit and wait for the mail every day...

dwrd -- I was in the Franklin DMV early that morning. I was done and out the door by about 8:30. Glad several of us were in there. Hopefully the DMV will get used to processing handgun permit applications several at a time; the good guys need to be armed!

Guest Darbley77

Just called and checked on mine. "getting issued today and allow 7 to 14 business days" Its already been 5 weeks.......Im going crazy. lol but, atleast it will be on its way.

Guest flyfishtn
Just called and checked on mine. "getting issued today and allow 7 to 14 business days" Its already been 5 weeks.......Im going crazy. lol but, atleast it will be on its way.

I called last Thursday and they told me the same thing. Guess what was in my mailbox when I got home. :taunt:

Now to head to Wally World!!

I called last Thursday and they told me the same thing. Guess what was in my mailbox when I got home. :taunt:

Now to head to Wally World!!

Have fun fly- and remember, everybody in the whole store knows you are carrying! :D

Jus kiddin'- congrats on being legal.

Guest HexHead

When I got mine 8 years ago, it took almost the whole 90 days. Probably because my pic looked like a mob hit man and they kept checking. :)

My wife will be taking hers in tomorrow, I'm glad to hear they've streamlined the system a bit.

Guest tim99ws6

Oddly enough, I remember seeing people being antzy about getting their permit back when I sent in the paperwork for mine. At the time, I laughed thinking no way I would get so bent out of shape over something like waiting on a carry permit. Now here I am in my 6th, almost 7th week, and "bent" doesn't even begin to describe it. My wife doesn't even like riding to work in the morning with me anymore, because she doesn't want to take part in the Road Race back to the house in the afternoon to check the mail, hahahaha.

Hopefully this week is my lucky week. I seriously need to go to Wally World. I have been loading up on grocery items for the past 6 weeks now, haha.

Well I eagerly checked the mail for a week after hearing that dwrd and bubbadavis got their's. I did my fingerprinting days after them so I "assumed" mine would be any day now....well I called Friday and I was informed that some applications didn't "get pulled" and mine was one of them. Not sure what that means but I was told the background came back fine and to call back next week. So no more excitement when the mail comes for atleast a week.

Guest BMcCoy

Well, I made the call Thursday. The lady said that mine was in the process of being issued and to give it 7-14 business days. I too have been running to the mailbox daily just hopung that it would be there. My wife has been making fun of me everytime I get the mail.;)

Ben

Well I called back in today and now they're telling me check back in 2-3 weeks. Apparently they're waiting on the original application to be "posted" in their system and then they can issue my permit. Everything else has been completed and I was even told that it may already be in their office.......one of these days.

Guest tim99ws6

Can you guys post the # of the person to contact? I would like to call and get an update on mine as well.

Thanks!

EDIT:

NM-->found it

Lisa Knight, Manager

1150 Foster Avenue

Nashville, TN 37243 (615) 253-5221

866-849-3548 (toll-free)

Edited by tim99ws6
Guest BigBoostDSM

It took me 23 days to get mine from the day I took the course.

8/4/07 - Took carry permit course.

8/6/07 - Applied at DMV

8/7/07 - Fingerprinted at the UPS store

8/24/07 - Date issued (this is a guess, since the expiration date is 8/24/2011)

8/27/07 - Permit was in my mailbox