I love my new XD-45 Compact

Guest Vermont John

Guest Vermont John

I just bought an Springfield Armory XD-45 Compact. I'm a 1911 fan, and always will be. However, the XD exceeded my expectations.

I like the magazine interchangeability (10 or 13 rounds), but we all know about that. What impressed me once I got it was the chambered round indicator, and the cocked hammer indicator. Both work both by sight and by feel.

The grip safety sets the XD apart from the Glocks.

I feel far more comfortable carrying this gun with a round in the chamber than I do carrying my Glock. This is now my primary carry gun when I can conceal it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest slow ride

I like the XDs, wife has an XD9 service model. I think Springfield has done an excellent job.

I'm a Glock man, but if the G21, and G21sf weren't around I'd buy the XD45.

Glad you like yours!

I've got an XD-9 Tactical that I love... the XD-357 has lost a little love, just because it was a pain to fix the striker retaining pin, but they're both excellent pistols. I had an XD-45 Tactical and an XD-9 Sub Compact which performed flawlessly, before I traded them off for the ones I have now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.