who's been shot?

Guest db99wj
Ok, I'll play, if you will allow stories about family members.

My uncle was occasionally abusive to my aunt. He had a very impressive gun collection in a display case in the living room. All guns loaded all the time and never a lock on the case. He came home drunk again and hit her. She grabbed a gun from the case and shot him twice in the chest. Still standing but now much more sober he asked her to call for an ambulance. She refused and ripped the phone off the wall so he could not call either (this was before cell phones). He demanded she drive him to the hospital and he refused and threw the keys to his truck out into the yard and told him "drive yourself". He did.

When questioned by the police about who shot him, he told them what happened. They said they would go arrest her and he told them not to. When pressed for why, he replied "I had it coming and she obviously still loves me". The LEO was confused and said "still loves you? She tried to kill you!". Harold (my uncle) said "no, I had plenty of guns there that would have killed me, she picked this small (.22, .25, or .32 not really sure) gun to shoot me with so she still loves me." No charges were ever filed and they stayed married for several more years. He never raised a hand to her again.

Damn!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been lucky and managed to serve my time downrange without a scratch, but I have a buddy who's still in that just got shot for the THIRD time! All of them superficial luckily. Some people are bullet magnets.

Speaking of bullet magnets. I was just at a train up for deployment and part of it was at the range. One of the small arms instructors rtold us how he used to be in the AMU and that since he had gotten out of the active component and then been assigned to this training unit on active duty in the Reserve that he had been shot 5 times.

On the range. By US soldiers. I saw one scar across the back of his neck and another he specifically told us about was a female LT clearing a round while pointing at him on the M9 range and gut shot him just below his plate. I had wondered why they all wore body armor and plates while acting as safeties. Not after that.

While in the the Air Force responded to a shooting victim at the er room. Guy Had been shot in the right calf with a 38 special. Just a hole all the way through. Asked What happened. He says, He was in the Bathroom brushing his teeth and his wife comes to the door and points his gun at hims and Says "I am going to shoot you." He says she has threatened him many times before and never done anything. He turns back to continue brushing his teeth and BANG!. She shot him..

While in the the Air Force responded to a shooting victim at the er room. Guy Had been shot in the right calf with a 38 special. Just a hole all the way through. Asked What happened. He says, He was in the Bathroom brushing his teeth and his wife comes to the door and points his gun at hims and Says "I am going to shoot you." He says she has threatened him many times before and never done anything. He turns back to continue brushing his teeth and BANG!. She shot him..

Must have been a sink hog.