i just got back from the mg shoot in friendsville .i had a blast and never shot so many different types of full auto in one day. i set up with my reenacting group ths lah 1st panzer division. they had 6-7 mg 42's on the fireing line .that keep you busy loading ammo just for them. we also had mp44's and mp40's and some wheeled guns. you name it and i probaly shot it.i loved the vz58 that checkpoint had it shot sweet.their were civil war reenactors with their cannons also along with some tanks and halftracks.knoxville pd made a grand intrance when they flew in on a helicopter. just glad i did not have to clean up the mess of shot up cars and refrigators .i think someone said we shot up around 12000 rounds of 8mm.

Edited by dou44
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got back from the mg shoot in friendsville .i had a blast and never shot so many different types of full auto in one day. i set up with my reenacting group ths lah 1st panzer division. they had 6-7 mg 42's on the fireing line .that keep you busy loading ammo just for them. we also had mp44's and mp40's and some wheeled guns. you name it and i probaly shot it.i loved the vz58 that checkpoint had it shot sweet.their were civil war reenactors with their cannons also along with some tanks and halftracks.knoxville pd made a grand intrance when they flew in on a helicopter. just clad i did not have to clean up the mess of shot up cars and refrigators .i think someone said we shot up around 12000 rounds of 8mm.

Just got back as well dou44, it was awsome.

Glenn

I really appreciate you natsi's letting me know there was a shootenanny today with all my favorite weapons. I've got enough 8mm to load up a belt or two for the 42 and a few mags on the MP 40.

Those are what I consider "Powerball guns". If I ever hit that number, those will be the first in line. :D

Sounds like you guys had a blast. :P

Guest rebeldrummer

Geez im the son in law and didn't even hear anything about this....must not be "Nazi" enough for the bunch of them!! Ha ha ha....

My wife used to work for two of the people that put it on. I was told there were over 200,000 rounds put downrange in two days, including at least 100 rounds of 37mm cannon from the 2 Stuart tanks in attendance and thousands of 50cal

Glenn

i did not know if i was on the list untill a few days ago and did not know what to expect.there were alot of groups of people that i could not tell you who was there and security guys everywhere.who lot of different guns around.i wanted to shoot the 50cal sniper but did not get around to it.

Glad you guys enjoyed it. We stared setting up on Wed. You should have seen the looks the tank was getting while fueling up at the BP. He actually drove it there. I was RSO on the covered deck and was running the subguns. For newbies it's like being in a History Channel special....Dave

Dave, I need a TGO shirt so we can recognize each other. This was my third or fourth time and it just gets better each time. Since I have been so many times I kind of layed back from the full auto some so the first timers could get more time on the line. Between my son and me we put 300 rounds through my mosin, 400 9 mm and about 300 38/357 in 2 days. What about the dog demonstrations? Amazing!

Glenn