what do you guys think? Good Deal?

Guest Jon

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he have the original barrel?

I carried a 228 for a number of years. It served me well. Was dependable and accurate. I just was never enamored of the DA/SA trigger. There aren't going to be any more German 228's as far as we know. Good guns. Just a matter of your priorities.

Looks like a good deal if you want to get rid of your G22, I'd venture. But me, I'd (if my budget manager, aka Wife :-)) would allow, I'd buy the Sig and keep the Glock (I have attachment issues to guns, dogs, and such). Some of the actual dealers would have more say on true value; but isn't market value all about what a fella is willing to pay?

Good luck!

Enjoy the weekend and if so inclined, say a prayer or have a good thought as we remember what this weekend is really all about.

Cheers!

the now down to five but still remembering the full pack of 7dogguy

no i dont believe he does. Im not sure I want a da/sa either but I really like the M11. Shot a few before just dont know if I wanna part with my glock.

I prefer a sig over a Glock, but it is odd that the barrel has been replaced....unless its had the sh*t shot out of it, Sig barrels are typically good for way over 10,000rds. The p228 German guns are excellent and getting hard to come by...whereas if you miss your G22 you can always buy another later.

well after much thought and consideration I figured I may not run across another one of these again so I went with the deal. I gotta say I love the feel of the Sig better than the Glock. The trigger pull is very nice in SA and not as bad as I imagined in DA. Have shot it yet but plan to tomorrow.

So as a refresher I traded my Glock 22, 2 mags, and two holster for this......

19.jpg

I think I walked away with the upper hand. Im really digging the Crossbred holster too.

I think you got a good deal. If you carry and find you don't conceal it as well as the GLock, my experience, then just buy another Glock. By the way I can almost guarantee you it isn't a Crossbreed. It looks like an MTAC to me. Is there a leather patch of padding on the back? Either way, nice holster.

I prefer the strikerfire pistols to the DA/SA, but as I stated I carried a 228 for a long time and the gun was very reliable, durable and accurate. Make sure to wipe the gun down once a week with a moisture barrier after carrying it. The finish on the Sig is not as durable as the tennifer finish on the Glock. But I find a holster worn pistol to look good.

Edited by Warbird

I actually feel it conceals better than the glock (may be the holster) but I am searching for another Glock.

And your right I dont think its a crossbreed at closer glance it is an Mtac. I like the way it feels. Seems comfy.

Im not sure how I feel about DA/SA yet. I like the trigger pull from the SA. It feels lighter and cleaner than my glock.

I did pick up some hopps cleaner and lub from the wally world. Hope it does good

I actually feel it conceals better than the glock (may be the holster) but I am searching for another Glock.

And your right I dont think its a crossbreed at closer glance it is an Mtac. I like the way it feels. Seems comfy.

Im not sure how I feel about DA/SA yet. I like the trigger pull from the SA. It feels lighter and cleaner than my glock.

I did pick up some hopps cleaner and lub from the wally world. Hope it does good

Wow...Congrats on your trade :D. A new face in the Sig family is always good to see :).

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

Absolutely some sort of Comp-Tac (likely the MTAC like suggested). It's using their belt clips rather than the Crossbreed clips.

And yeah, I think you got the better end of the deal here. You will have a nice time shooting it, and you've definitely traded a common gun that you could easily replace for a no-longer-in-production-but-totally-sweet piece. Good trade!

Thanks I feel the guy just wanted a "Glock". Don't get me wrong I miss my Glock but most people go for the name.

I did have a bit of an incident today, well 2 but not what yall are probably thinking.

First off I carried concealed today with that Mtac. At first I was pretty impressed, and stayed that way until I got home about 9 hours later. Took the kids swimming, fishing, and to the carnival.

When I unholstered I was shocked to see rust on the side of my slide that was up against the leather. I was very unhappy to say the least. I cleaned it and hit it with a coat of lubricate, but it has caused little "chips" in the finish. I'm not really sure what more I can do to protect it against the elements. Really disappointed in the holster. Probably going in the trash.

Almost forgot, the second incident came after I was cleaning it. I put the slide back on and started wiping it down to remove the extra lubricate and completely forgot to push the lever back up to hold the slide on the rail and I decided to use the slide lock to release the slide. Yup my whole slide went sailing across the kitchen. Very unerving experience. No damage, just some chipped tile lol

Edited by Jon
Guest TN.Frank

Sig 228 is a sweet gun. Glocks are a dime a dozen but Sigs are nice. Don't get me wrong, I like Glocks just fine it's just I think that Sigs and Berettas are a step up from Glocks. I think you did good.

Jon I love your new sig line ;)

anyways, I think you got a really nice deal. Good luck with the new gun.

haha yeah guy ticked me off, so I gave him an award.

and thanks Im still waiting to shoot it.