Upper thoughts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to throw another fly in the mix....anyone seen the pricing/specs on the Palmetto State Armory Uppers? Includes BCG for $399!!!!

They are out of the standard 16", but they do have the 14.5" in stock...its a carbine length gas system so thats a bit of a bummer but geez is it cheap for the materials used.

Just to throw another fly in the mix....anyone seen the pricing/specs on the Palmetto State Armory Uppers? Includes BCG for $399!!!!

They are out of the standard 16", but they do have the 14.5" in stock...its a carbine length gas system so thats a bit of a bummer but geez is it cheap for the materials used.

I know! I've been eyeballing the 6.8 uppers at that price.

Guest brandon_pitt

Question gents. Slightly off topic but not too bad. Since we have a few ar enthusiasts on this thread, what are the feelings on have 2-3 separate ars or one lower and 2-3 uppers that you change out according to the assignment or use for given day? I'm wondering because I have an ar that with everything on it weighs around 20 lbs and is 42 inches long. Not exactly tactical. I'm wondering if I should just get a Shorty and mid upper and swap them out accordingly or just pony up and get an entire ar for each use. Any help would be excellent. Thanks.

Question gents. Slightly off topic but not too bad. Since we have a few ar enthusiasts on this thread, what are the feelings on have 2-3 separate ars or one lower and 2-3 uppers that you change out according to the assignment or use for given day? I'm wondering because I have an ar that with everything on it weighs around 20 lbs and is 42 inches long. Not exactly tactical. I'm wondering if I should just get a Shorty and mid upper and swap them out accordingly or just pony up and get an entire ar for each use. Any help would be excellent. Thanks.

Nothing wrong with it, sorta. I have always thought that the lower is cheap enough to do whole rifles. My big AR has a heavy stock (Magpul PRS) and a real light trigger. It would suck on a carbine. I may get an upper in a different caliber, but won't change the basic function of the rifle.

Same deal with the carbines. I may play with a different caliber, but it will stay in the light weight carbine class. But that's just me. AR's are so modular that it's all about how YOU want to use them.

bummer's....I just realized I bought another LPK and stock kit....now im gonna be one lower short when my custom spikes arrives....what to do, what to do......
Basic Spike's lowers $79.95 at AIM right now. Just sayin'... :D