Kel Tec KSG

Guest carter

Guest carter

So...has anyone gotten there hands on one of these Kel Tec KSG bullpup...good bad and ugley? kinda like the idea of 14+1 of 12ga :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this in an e-mail from Derek Kellgren last week: "The KSG is scheduled to be released this Fall. If I had to guess I’d say October-November."

Derek Kellgren

Marketing Director

Director of Human Resources

I'd say to expect realistically more than a year before you see one. Currently there are two in existence IIRC and they are both prototypes :D Kel-tec is great at good designs and HORRIBLE at getting stuff released.

Guest bkelm18
My understanding is that the street price is going to be well over $500 (the number $800 sticks in my mind at the moment). I can't imagine many people spending that kind of cash on a pump shotgun.

A 14 round bullpup shotgun? Count me in.

They will go like hot cakes at $800, watch them. If the PMR 30 is any indication, they will go for over 1K for the first 6 months or more. Kel-Tec is a very small company and if I had to guess, will only produce 400-500 of these a week, which will not come close to keeping up with the demand. Maybe they learned their lesson from the PMR as it has caused several frustrated supporters and are producing KSG's now to have plenty to release in the fall. I hope so, but doubt it.

Kel-Tec is a very small company and if I had to guess, will only produce 400-500 of these a week,..

Personally, I would be surprised if Kel-Tec came anywhere close to that production level.

If the RFB and PMR-30 are any indication, I would not count on seeing a KSG for quite some time. Even stuff they have made for a while (like the SUB-2000) are still hard to find.

Personally, I would be surprised if Kel-Tec came anywhere close to that production level

You're probably right. I was just basing that on the fact they ship 500 PMR 30's a week.

From my experience you can get a Sub2K pretty easy if you look or ask your dealer to order you one. I have one that takes G17 mags and it is sweet.

I am waiting on one as well, at $800.00 this will be a bargain in my opinion I love the concept

Perhaps. It would have to be one impressive shotgun for that kind of price as far as I am concerned. I love Kel Tec's designs, but this one I'm gonna have to put my hands on before I even remotely consider plopping down that kind of cash. The capacity is a big selling feature for sure, but damn... If the fit, finish, and function are there, I would consider it. My hope is that with an MSRP of $800 it will be possible to get one below that. If it was $500, I'd be in for sure. I might even go $600 - maybe. I guess time will tell for me.

It's like their SU-16. Every time I get close to buying one, I realize I can get an AR15 carbine for the same price and have a much better rifle (at least in my opinion). The RFB looks totally bad to the bone. I would love to have one, but at $1800 that will never happen, first because I don't forsee ever having that kind of cash to plop down on a single rifle, and second, I can get a really nice M1 SOCOM for several hundred dollars less.

I have the Sub 2000 and love it. It's a fantastic design; simple, rugged, compact, innovative... and reasonably priced. A bargain, in fact. I think the price is so reasonable, I gladly accept the rough machining and flaws in the polymer parts. For the kind of cash we're talking on the KSG, I would expect a practically flawless firearm.