Recommend a suppressor for a P22?

Guest cordovashooter

since I have not seen it mentioned yet, I am still in awe of my SWR Spectre. I just got it 3 weeks ago and about crapped myself when I shot it with my mp 15-22p. Got the thread adapter for my Mosquito and I think it is quiter on it. When I get some free time I will be headind out to rangw usa in memphis. It is only 3 miles from the house.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
I put a yhm mite on my p22 and have had no problems with it at all. Pretty quiet with the right subsonic rounds. Cheaper too.

Although good the Mite rates among the loudest of all the 22 suppressors in the market. Most Mite owners will not recommend them to others. On nearly every list the Mite is in the bottom 5.

If you want quiet then the Liberty Shoofly is it. If you want ease of cleaning the the Silencerco Sparrow is it.

Here is a good free site to start:

Silencer Forum - Sound Testing, Reviews & Discussion

But the best site is Silencer Research but it costs $24 for up to date testing info. He does have older results. When you consider what is likely to be lifetime purchase the $24 is worth not getting stuck with a crappy silencer. You are more likely to sell your house than your silencer.

Dolomite

SU1BRzA2NzEuanBn-2-1.jpg

I tried out my Gen II AAC Prodigy on my P-22 and it is hearing safe with standard velocity Federal Bulk and quieter (and cycles) with Remington subsonic. It does however keyhole with standard velocity ammo out of pistols but not from rifles like my SIG522. (I am going to send it to AAC to get the Gen III core put in when (if) ever the Form 4 gets approved).

Edited by LA_357SIG
picture repost
What is ketholing the P22 or the suppressor when it is on the P22?

You should already have an approved form if you have possession of it. If it is still sitting at the FFL I would think they could return it for repair.

Dolomite

I don't have possession of it yet. My dealer lets me "demo" it while my paperwork is proccessing. (I don't take it home) My dealer and I checked with AAC and the ATF won't approve a Form 3 untill the Form 4 is processed.

The suppressor is keyholing. It does not keyhole unsuppressed. The Gen II core is known for diong this with some combinations of ammo and pistols. It also does not keyhole on my SIG522. They redesigned it again (Gen III) and are swapping out cores for free.

• 2 months later...