Winchester Model 94 questions.....

I'm trying to find some info on this Model 94. Serial number is 1,527,xxx which according to this link dates it at 1948 (Winchester Model 1894/94 Factory Records - Shooters Forum)

I showed the guys it to the guys at tri-cities gun depot and they gave it a solid 8.5-9 out of 10 when it comes to condition. I'm not interested in selling it, just curious where it rates in the grand scheme of things. I know it is a somewhat "common" model being in 30 W.C.F.

These pictures may not be high enough quality to help but it sure can't hurt......

15ib602.jpg

21br98g.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winchester Model-94 30-30 caliber, made in 1974, excellent condition. Asking $325 OBO. Call 423-552-4910

i thought about trying for it but i don't like calling people i don't know...

From what i have learned about these; to have a "collector value" they must be made prior to 1963. Thanks for the info. Probably a great shooter.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but it looks like a very nice example of a classic Winnchester. It seems the ones marked 30 WCF command a bit of a premium to the later ones marked 30-30 Win. Pre WW2 guns also bring more than later ones.

MrBrian, What you are looking at is a totally different animal. This one is worth more than twice what a post 64 production gun would bring. If you held them side by side, they look similar, but the quality difference is astounding.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure what you're asking, but it looks like a very nice example of a classic Winnchester. It seems the ones marked 30 WCF command a bit of a premium to the later ones marked 30-30 Win. Pre WW2 guns also bring more than later ones.

MrBrian, What you are looking at is a totally different animal. This one is worth more than twice what a post 64 production gun would bring. If you held them side by side, they look similar, but the quality difference is astounding.

Do elaborate. My great uncle has a model 94 and idk what the year on it is.

I have one made in 1943 chambered in .32 win special ... i have been offered 1k for it , but its not for sale.. the true value I really dont know. I wouldnt even speculate but i would say more then 700 and less than 5k heh

Edited by Krull
Do elaborate. My great uncle has a model 94 and idk what the year on it is.

Winchester was bought out by USRAC in 1964. It was then run by bean counters instead of gun guys. They did manage to keep the company afloat, partially by redesigning the line for cheaper manufacturing. For the 94, the change came somewhere around serial number 2,700,000. An easy way to tell at a glance if a 94 is a pre 64 is to turn it upside down and look at the front of the lever. If you see a screw there, it was made before the change. If you have the serial number handy, a quick google search will give you the year of production.