About to move a lot of money out of Regions Bank...

Guest PSO3106

Wow, such drama.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest that along with electricity, automobiles, and shoes, middle Tennesseans also can get cashier checks.

- OS

Or maybe have it transfered bank to bank right over the wires.

However I think the point is to make a scene for them and their customers that he doesn't feel safe in their bank.

Or just use the drive though, pull out everyone above the point they start charging bank fees, then later go back and close it in person.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropped Regions last week. Besides the gun buster sign I don't agree with their other policy about charging you a fee if you don't use your checking account at least 25 times a month. They can charge you $5 or so per month for a usage fee.

No biggie anyways. Have been an Ascend( AEDC FCU) member for 35 years and am a Redstone FCU member as well. Both places are not posted and I have not ever had a problem going to either place.

Do you have home loans or auto loans through Regions? See about getting them switched to your CU.

A case in point...I worked for the ATSF RR. A local bank in OK refused to cash my pay check. I mentioned it to my foreman. While we were still in town working on a bridge...EVERY railroad employee withdrew all their money and opened new accounts at the bank across the street. Working with RR lawyers they also had all loans moved.

Guest tngw1500se

Pull all your money out and switch banks! Y-12 is not posted and they have been great to me. I ask if they planed on posting and I was told: "We do not intend to take away any of our customers rights".

I don't bank, shop or eat at anyplace that posted. Gun buster signs only make stupid feel safe.

I have had the same checking account since 1982. It was !st American then was bought by AmSouth which was then bought by Regions. I still keep it only becasue they seem to have more ATM available around the SE US. I rarely ever actually go inside. The rest of my stuff goes to the my personnel CU account @ ORNL CU or mine and my wife's joint account @ Y-12 CU. I agree with other posts that CUs give better service than banks.

Relative to moving money from one bank to another, why cash? I wouldn't want to carry it. I would ask for a check or electronic transfer.

I also agree with other posts that if you do move let them know why and like a couple of others said Region's is getting greedy with their fees.

Pull all your money out and switch banks! Y-12 is not posted and they have been great to me. I ask if they planed on posting and I was told: "We do not intend to take away any of our customers rights".

I don't bank, shop or eat at anyplace that posted. Gun buster signs only make stupid feel safe.

I have been with Y12 since 97, got my first loan with them and they are the ones that I have heard from a poster on the forum here that President said won't post.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rsgillmd
Dropped Regions last week. Besides the gun buster sign I don't agree with their other policy about charging you a fee if you don't use your checking account at least 25 times a month. They can charge you $5 or so per month for a usage fee...........

Is this something new? I haven't looked at my Regions statement recently, but I thought as long as you maintained a certain minimum balance they don't charge a monthly fee. Either way, I'm glad you have places you are happy with.

+1 to OhShoot. Always get a cashiers check--even your new bank will appreciate it. A great benefit of life in smaller towns is the number of locally owned banks. Hometown folks who believe in friendly SERVICE, not fees. Haven't banked with a national or regional bank in years.